• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Air shock charge kit

socsmm6

Any suggestions on a source to charge air shocks other than the 400.00 kits like poly performance?

Hose, regulator and zero loss chuck off eBay (chuck from Kartek if needed) and a bottle from local welding shop.

Half of that or less

Does anyone have an exact place or part number/brand for the regulator used? I think it requires higher psi than the one I have...

wont work said:
Any welding supply store will have one. It does need to go to about 600 psi
I figured about 400 psi for my use. Fox 2.0 shock on a buggy.

Found a 400 psi regulator on eBay for 60 bucks. Course I would not know a good one from a bad one

socsmm6 said:
Found a 400 psi regulator on eBay for 60 bucks. Course I would not know a good one from a bad one

I got mine from air gas for $72

When I built my kit I put quick connects on everything and made hydrologic lines so it would take the pressure.

I prefer using a regular air chuck compared to a no loss.

The no loss chuck won't work on my old fox shocks anyway. The shrader valve is too deep and the pin won't hit

TBItoy said:
I prefer using a regular air chuck compared to a no loss.

The no loss chuck won't work on my old fox shocks anyway. The shrader valve is too deep and the pin won't hit

How did you check pressure. I couldnt find a high enough tire gauge, so I bought the no loss gauge but have had issue fitting it on some coilovers.

ranger11 said:
How did you check pressure. I couldnt find a high enough tire gauge, so I bought the no loss gauge but have had issue fitting it on some coilovers.

With the outlet gauge on the regulator.

I hold the chuck on the shock, the gauge reads what is in the shock

, then I turn the bottle on and raise the pressure on the raise the pressure on the regulator to whatever I want, then put the air in the shock.

Lower truck, check ride height, repeat steps and gradually raise pressure till I get it at the height I want.

I used our nitro tank at work we use for filling tires.

Held the chuck on by hand, turned the knob until I had desired pressure. Usually lost about 8psi when released so I'd add 8psi when setting pressure

This is what I got its 100.00

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 110
I started to call craig but as muck as I change things around I would be better off getting a kit my self. I picked up a few items off ebay today. no loss air chuck with a gauge and a regulator with a high pressure air hose. gotta pick up a bottle of nitrogen next week.
Thanks for all the suggestions