• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

And the winner if worst tire of the year goes to....

mckeddie

37" maxis trepador competition compound!

These have to be the worst God damned tire I've ever used! Had em out 3 times now, and I swear they get worse every time. I'd rather have a set of bald ass thorn birds or a 20 year old set of Denman groundpolishers (ground hogs).

I seriously think these sumbitches are gonna get stuck unloading the buggy out of the trailer one of these days. They are hands down the worst biting tires I've ever used. Give em a little loose dirt, and they work. Give em a flat rock, and they'll polish that mf'er till you can see your reflection on it.

Anyone sucker interested in trading me for a set of 37 reds so you can see just how bad these things really are?

I always here the same about 42 inch Red Labels. I wonder what the dealio is?

Dam man that sucks balls! I remember when I got mine new I was super disappointed.. Didn't know that after a few trips ripping away at the tread at Choco they work better the more they wear. I love mine. Can't believe the 37's suck so bad. Wata bummer. Wanted them for the samurai really bad. Ill pass now. Dam

My old buggy had 37" sticky Treps and they did great. The tire height was the only thing that ever seemed to hurt that buggy. A buddy owns it now with 40" Treps on it and it's a bad bitch.

What pressure are you running them at? Treps are some stiff damn tires. On something as small and light as that buggy you'll need pretty low pressures to get them to flex good. I always ran single digits in mine.

You can see how low I ran mine.

mckeddie said:
37" maxis trepador competition compound!

These have to be the worst God damned tire I've ever used! Had em out 3 times now, and I swear they get worse every time. I'd rather have a set of bald ass thorn birds or a 20 year old set of Denman groundpolishers (ground hogs).

I seriously think these sumbitches are gonna get stuck unloading the buggy out of the trailer one of these days. They are hands down the worst biting tires I've ever used. Give em a little loose dirt, and they work. Give em a flat rock, and they'll polish that mf'er till you can see your reflection on it.

Anyone sucker interested in trading me for a set of 37 reds so you can see just how bad these things really are?

I'll take them off your hands on the cheap!

hokie_yj said:
My old buggy had 37" sticky Treps and they did great. The tire height was the only thing that ever seemed to hurt that buggy. A buddy owns it now with 40" Treps on it and it's a bad bitch.

What pressure are you running them at? Treps are some stiff damn tires. On something as small and light as that buggy you'll need pretty low pressures to get them to flex good. I always ran single digits in mine.

You can see how low I ran mine.

e99da58dc4111dc2dcc8fc263a342449.jpg
b7128b2160be9733c6b280931bc62e97.jpg
7886b7047b6a1362593fcb9248434528.jpg

Here is that buggy on 40s. They 37s hooked and hooked good. They where pretty low tread when I got it. I grooved the piss out of them and got them alive again.
ba7d0ac37b7db8634c41ee3e0c3bbb77.jpg

That's how I grooved the 37s.

The 40s changed it from the stand point of 37s and 1 tons sucked from diff bashing. The 37s are on another buddies rig and I'm pretty sure he loves them.

Sent from a undisclosed thinkin spot...

How much does your buggy weigh? My transaxle buggy was only 2900lbs and I had to run my 37" Treps at 2-3psi for them to work. They wouldn't grip at anything over 5psi for me.

untchabl said:
How much does your buggy weigh? My transaxle buggy was only 2900lbs and I had to run my 37" Treps at 2-3psi for them to work. They wouldn't grip at anything over 5psi for me.

Can't imagine it weighing more than that. I think they have 8-9 in them. I'll try dropping them to 2-3 next time and see if it helps any.

You need some boggers! :****: I switched from reds to them and don't regret it at all. but I also went from having no HP ,wheelbase or tire height to having a good amount of HP, wheelbase and tire height lol

Re:

Everytime I've seen treps they did work hardcore. I believe they were 40s though.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Slightly off topic, but I just saw on facespace that Interco is thinking about a factory sticky,comp cut bogger! SIGN ME UP! :woot:

I have 37 treps and they go really good. Like everyone else said you gotta get the air down. And the thing I like the most is the sidewalls are tough as hell.. I'm sure the reds will go good, but throw a little mud at them, And I have heard the sidewalls are quite sensitive :****:

AdamF said:
Slightly off topic, but I just saw on facespace that Interco is thinking about a factory sticky,comp cut bogger! SIGN ME UP! :woot:

It will be $1200 per tire, only be sold by one dealer, and be out of stock for months at a time if they make it. :)