• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Anger Management

Rokcrler

So, other than Kush's or muddin's methods, how are y'all dealing with anger management?
I can't :kush: due to work and squeezing scales just don't do it for me.
I've been able to control my anger for a few years now, but today some personal **** got the best of me and Dr. Jekyl turned into Mr. Jackass and I caused myself some money in tools from them mysteriously flying from my hand and smashing on something.
I usually go to the shop to unwind and "zen"...Today I let **** bother me and my Zen vanished. I need to go get some happy pills from the doc...
Any who, I need to find my Zen again, and a new creeper and led flashlight :mad:
FML!

I developed a **** it attitude. Been a few years since I lost my ****. Ol' lady starts bitchin, I just ignore her. (Actually makes HER lose her ****) Wrenching, if **** isn't going my way, just say **** it and come back later.

Don't know why, but listening to Jimmy Buffett's Before The Beach album. If you want it, Email me at [email protected] and I return with the mp3s. By myself, like shop time. But it sounds like you would have to by a tool truck if you tried that :rolf:

Also the Serenity Prayer.

God grant me the serenity
To accept the things I cannot change;
Courage to change the things I can;
And wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
As it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
If I surrender to His Will;
So that I may be reasonably happy in this life
And supremely happy with Him
Forever and ever in the next.

Amen.

This is something I have dealt with my entire life. I have let it get the best of me more times than I can't count. I have tried council, happy pills, kush, drinking, sex, working out yadda yadda. The older I get the more I'm able to talk myself down. But once over the edge I generally can not be brought down by no one. Not even cuffed and pepper sprayed and then tazerred. All it does is aggravate me more. Smoking kush does help but is expensive. Yet cheaper than cuffed and stuffed. Fine line between all. Mo I hope you find what works for you. :****:

Happiness isn't haveing everything yA want it's wanting everything you have, wheelin is still my escape and drug for clearing my mind, even if it's just an hour or a weekend away... Me and a few buddies have been snow wheelin our side by sides a few hours on Sunday's since my house fire and it's really eased my mind and let's me see clear again...

Although apparently my method is well known,there Have been many times where I was so mad I could burn everything in my garage. I guess I learned a long time ago to think before I react. In your case it would be the money that it would cost me to replace ****. I absolutely hate spending money on **** that I mess up. It's kind of like guys that punch a wall when they get mad. There was a time when I was about 250, steroids of course, my ex-wife made me so mad I finally broke down and became one of those people that punches a wall. After punching the wall I became one of those guys that will never punch a wall again!!! I'm sure I have told everyone about my luck.. YEP out of all the square footage of sheet rock in the whole entire ****ing house, I Center up on a stud! I know the guy that lives in the house now and my knuckle prints are still there. Haha. I honestly thought I broke every bone in my body. Not just my hand and arm. :****: Man I felt like the biggest idiot ever. I used to not be able to think before I got out of hand. Now I think about the cost or the consequences. And maybe you should go to the doctor?!? There's an old saying "Xanax a day, ...." Okay I can't remember the saying (already took mine) and it's not old I made it up.. Hahahah.
Seriously though Mo, my brother-in-law is one of the biggest hard asses I've ever met, like you did I have seen him throw tolls and break expensive **** ... he recently had to get some kind of medicine to help with his temper. Nothing wrong with that man, if that's what it takes that's what it takes. Going to the doctor so you do not break things would be 100 times better than going to jail for breaking someone's teeth. . Good luck brother.

Re:

Thanks guys.
The music in the shop is usually background noise, usually alternative rock, some Manson, ffdp, you know, mood jams.
I do the serenity prayer. I enjoy the things I have, don't envy those I don't (much).
I usually just shut the doors of things aren't going right at the shop, but today especially after the freaking vday...my cup ran over.
Nobody's fault but my own.
I value all yalls input, being that I've been thru all y'all have mentioned.
I'm glad I have a support group in HL for venting :dblthumb:

Pain. That is what sets me off like 4th of july fireworks, sudden instanst smash my thumb with a hammer pain.. It isn't pretty, I scared my wife one day by throwing a folding mower ramp across the yard after it closed up on my hand. She was like :eek: who the hell is this I'm married to? Full on green hulk mode. I hate it, and it takes so much to get me there, I may not get completely over it for a day or so. I have gotten better at directing it but it will probably always be with me. It's inherited, my father's father's side, there are so many stories floating around about us and the fits we can throw. It's completely childish and I'm always ashamed of myself after, but sometimes stuff just has to get broken!

I seriously have the worst temper, but the longest fuse. Only way to make me mad is jack with my family or someone weaker than you (bullies). My wife is opposite and gets mad quick! Here is my thoughts on getting mad: steal money or stuff, you obviously needed it more than I did so if you can live with it I can live without it; folks antagonizing or being rude, I will push buttons back and you will lose cause I'm the most annoying person ever; lie to me, that's ok it's you that has to earn the trust back not me. I just really don't wanna stress over someone else's actions that I can't control. However my kindness often gets mistaken for weakness. Meekness is controlled strength weakness is lack of strength. I try to be a very meek person, I also try to remember that pretty much everybody I deal with knows or will know I'm in ministry and openly proclaim my faith in Christ so I try to be aware that my actions reflect on my God, my church, as well as my ministry so there is a lot at stake! Even for someone who is not in ministry there is a lot at stake, reputation, family name, etc. i just don't like getting mad so I try and avoid it. If I do start getting mad I just kinda step back and collect myself and regroup, usually works.

I got put on happy meds it helps me not go nuts / or like everyone else shop time ,riding in woods,shooting something

Re: Re: Anger Management

That Bizkit song is one of my theme songs.

I did find Jesus. Y'all don't think I'm a looney psycho rageaholic now... I just have a short fuse.
I'm dedicated to what I do and I think I do it well. I've been told I expect too much which is what makes me frustrated when things don't go as planned.

Here's today's casualties...
9bccd2a0f2532b9daf6d151c7fc11343.jpg

Taped and it works yay.

This, not so much... Damn I loved that creeper
3282e190eb441fcd8d90b7940c8ea3a9.jpg

I also have a very short fuse on some things, like when stuff breaks or if something just doesn't wanna cooperate with me.
grcthird said:
Pain. That is what sets me off like 4th of july fireworks, sudden instanst smash my thumb with a hammer pain.. It isn't pretty, I scared my wife one day by throwing a folding mower ramp across the yard after it closed up on my hand. She was like :eek: who the hell is this I'm married to? Full on green hulk mode. I hate it, and it takes so much to get me there, I may not get completely over it for a day or so. I have gotten better at directing it but it will probably always be with me. It's inherited, my father's father's side, there are so many stories floating around about us and the fits we can throw. It's completely childish and I'm always ashamed of myself after, but sometimes stuff just has to get broken!

This is also one of my pissed off switches!

I can't help much with the anger management, but those are some dang good flashlights. We use those at work. I've dropped one 20+ feet onto concrete and it still worked. And the little light on the side is handy as crap. It's great for trying to read electrical prints when you're in a dark area. And I use it a lot wiring up motors in some of the dungeons I work in. I'll lay it right under where I'm working with that light pointing up so you I can see the numbers on the motor leads.

Re:

I'm going to see if Pelican will warranty the light, it has a lifetime ????
I'm looking at creepers now.

B.DRAKE said:
I also have a very short fuse on some things, like when stuff breaks or if something just doesn't wanna cooperate with me.
This is also one of my pissed off switches!

Or you lose at cornhole :flipper:

Guess I'm one of the lucky ones that took the I don't give a **** attitude. But a guy at work used to fly off the handle for almost no reason at all. We would have a good laugh but he went and got put on happy pills and he rarely goes off any more. Good luck with it Mo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk