• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

another full hydro steering question

offroad ricer

i have full hydro steering on my rig. my orbital valve is sitting sideways because of space restrictions. i have never been able to get all the noise out of the system. as in sound like low fluid. Im using a stock astro van pump. should the orbital valve work however it sits. should I look into making sit with the lines going out the top .the lines are horizontal now. or do i need a better pump.

so if that is not the problem. the only other thing I can think of would be the pump. I allready changed that once. still have noise. It seems to work fine just noisy.

is your pump below of above your orbital? if its below, try jacking the front of the buggy up, or dropping the orbital down. Then work the steering wheel back and forth from lock to lock.

If the pump is whining, that means its cavitating. That could be from air in the system or from a flow issue from the resi. While you are cycling the steering, look to see if there are bubbles in the resivoir. if so, keep bleeding.

Maybe you don't have a remote reservoir, but it's best if it is the highest point. Then you want the feed tube to be really short. Here you can see what I have going on. The orbital is underneath the cooler.
1610916_10153084872279724_6655893542940197200_n.jpg

my pump is in the stock location on 4.3 . wich is low on dri side. my orbitol is on top of the frame rail. that puts the orbital just alittle above the pump. my feed to the orbitol loops under the frame then up . I do have a good sized res. and a short feed line to the pump. i'm thinking now that the drop under frame might be my issue. i'm going to look into routing another way. space is limited though

Latest posts