• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Antique Gas Pump

R

rock yuppie

Man I finally got an old Union 76 gas pump to restore. I have wanted one of these for years to mount outside of my shop. Here is how she looks for now. I have located all of the original stickers and pump handle / hose assembly.

leahbirthdayandgaspump014.jpg

leahbirthdayandgaspump015.jpg

leahbirthdayandgaspump018.jpg

leahbirthdayandgaspump019.jpg

leahbirthdayandgaspump020.jpg

leahbirthdayandgaspump025.jpg

leahbirthdayandgaspump027.jpg

leahbirthdayandgaspump028.jpg

Okay I will, but it will be this winter before I start on it. I am going to remove the old pump assembly out of it and mount a hose reel inside the front door because it will be blocking the hose bibb on the front of the garage when I get it put in place.

Got one 20ft at the back corner of the house still plumbed to a tank that is no longer used. There is another about 20ft from it that is older that I disconnected about 5 yrs ago, taller and heavier. There are 2 at the shop [about 125 yards] that we still use for gas and diesel on the farm. The gravity drains with the glass bowl and hand pump are cool, don't see to many anymore. You may not want to say, but I am curious what you gave for it. Had several people try to buy these just not interested in selling.

Cool can you buy parts for these? If not how will you fix the rusted sheet metal? Are you going to replace sheet metal with new?

Now all you need Bob is a foreign accent and a coffee machine and you can open your own mini mart. laughing1

Highrange- I got it free from an old Farmer and his wife about two miles from Julio's (zukiscott) house in GA. I stopped and asked them if they would sell it and the guy ask what I was going to do with it. When I told him I wanted to restore it and display it at my shop he told me I could have it for free as long as I would cap the line and not scrap the pump. I plan to give him build pictures when it is complete of the project.

A-Line- You can get every thing to restore the pump including the stickers and top globe, however there are only two small part of the pump that have rust completely through the metal. Once I do a full inventory and photo shoot, I will dismantle it and have it walnut hull blasted to remove the surface rust.

Chasman9- I need a better tan too before I could pull that one off. Hey do you think they have CAMEL JERKY over there. :dunno:

Chasman9- I need a better tan too before I could pull that one off. Hey do you think they have CAMEL JERKY over there. :dunno:
[/quote]

That's right Baboo, I mean Boboo, Bob. :flipoff1:

We used one of those at ABSCO for years to fill the company trucks. When EPA startedgetting strict on underground tanks, we had it filled with concrete and threw the pump in the dumpster. That was mid 80s.

CHASMAN9 said:
Chasman9- I need a better tan too before I could pull that one off. Hey do you think they have CAMEL JERKY over there. :dunno

That's right Baboo, I mean Boboo, Bob. :flipoff1:

DON'T YOU HAVE SOMEONES ROAD TO GO SCREW UP :flipoff1: :flipoff1: JUST KIDDING....CHASHAMEAD

rock yuppie said:
DON'T YOU HAVE SOMEONES ROAD TO GO SCREW UP :flipoff1: :flipoff1: JUST KIDDING....CHASHAMEAD

Our moto, " Doing the best we can with whatever Obama can afford" :flipoff1:

By the way Boboo, you need to tar and gravel that drive up the hill, can I quote you on that? :flipoff1:

HEY BOB...............did you spot the one across the road from my house at Jody Browning,s old farmplace ??

He has a COOL old white one on the left side of his driveway :****:

Mr. Browning is 95 years old,and I go over & sit on his front porch and talk with him ever now & then, he,s cool to talk to .

Him and his wife built that place and have lived there for 70 years !!

.........the road was DIRT when they built on it !!

.........ANYWAY.............you should stop & ask him bout his GAS PUMP sometime..........

He might SELL it to you, GIVE it to you,.....or he might CUSS you out & run you off :dunno:

I will ge some pics of it if it EVER stops raining !!

Chasman9- If you would like to tar and gravel our drive going up, I will except an officail Obama hand out from you on that one sir. :dblthumb:

Julio- Find out about that pump for me, cause my dad had a fit over mine. I just don't want anything Square. Those are too new and don't look worth the time and money spent on them finished.

rock yuppie said:
Chasman9- If you would like to tar and gravel our drive going up, I will except an officail Obama hand out from you on that one sir. :dblthumb:

Boboo, for $27.95 plus $6.00 shipping and handling, I will send you an officail "I voted for O'banana" light up pendant, and then just wait for your stimulus pkg to pour in. :flipoff1: :woody:

CHASMAN9 said:
rock yuppie said:

Boboo, for $27.95 plus $6.00 shipping and handling, I will send you an officail "I voted for O'banana" light up pendant, and then just wait for your stimulus pkg to pour in. :flipoff1: :woody:

YOU AGAIN :dunno: :wtflol: GO TO WORK CHASHAMEAD...... WHATS THAT :dunno: OH THE ECONOMY.... NEVER MIND :woody: ..... KEEP SCREWING WITH PEOPLE THEN... :flipoff1: :flipoff1:

MAYBE IT WILL HELP PASS TIME UNTIL WE CAN GET OBAMA OUT!!!! :woot: :woot: :****: :gtfo: molaugh