• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Any body use a Shipping container?

ldwoodruff

Looking at buying a 20ft Shipping container to park the rzr's to make some room in the garage , found some on Craigslist didn't know if anybody had some contacts around the Knoxville area ???

There is a guy below Dunlap Tn on hwy. 28 that has 20 or 30 in his field for sale. I do not know his number but I want sow for storage as well. I don't even know what the cost on them would be

I have given it a few half-ass tries to get accurate pricing on one with little success.

Most of the CL ads are for shipping/transpo companies that seem to only want to sell to corporate accounts. Or they are a JimBob that for whatever reason has access to them, but thinks they are worth $10k.

I'd be interested to see what kind of info someone can come up with for legitimately sourcing these.

I purchased a 48ft for $1200 back 7-8 years ago and it has worked great I have a friend that purchased one form a guy on here around 1 year ago for $1500 it's 40ft and we moved both our selves i can get a 40ft tilt deck trailer ;D

2v99n2d.jpg

Re:

I've had a 20 footer for about 4 years now. I'm working on emptying it out right now so I can move it about 100 yards closer to my shop.

It works great for cheap secure storage but gets hotter than hell inside in the summer time. I want to cut some louver vents into mine at some point

They are selling 20 footers for around 1800 to 2200 bucks here in North Florida. I have been buying them for that price for a long time. Condition varies but they have always been serviceable even if cosmetically challenged.

Yeah there are some in the surrounding areas of Knoxville for 2,000, gotta check into it, figured it would be bout the cheapest/safest storage building I could get!!

Old retired semi trailers or box vans can sometimes be found cheap on craigslist.

We bought an old U-haul truck that had a bad transmission for $1500, its got a 20' Alum. box on it we use to store feed and seed.

I know a guy who has buried several of them, you have to reinforce the roof if you plan on it being more than a couple of feet deep, a small one would make a good, cheap storm shelter

look near any major shipping port, they sell them around here pretty regular. I had a friend that had five or six of them for storage. He had to move them all. Rather than have a truck come load them up and move them. He took a pair of trailer axles, welded them under the storage box, welded a tongue on it and moved the box. When he got where he wanted it, he cut the welds off,and moved everything to the next storage box to move