• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Any Duramax Gurus on here?

Spoke with Jeff this morning and determined that it was definitely something electrical. He gave me a few plugs to check and in one of those connectors it has a pin bent. Straightened that pin out and have been driving it like a dog all morning. Haven't been able to make it lose the pedal yet.

zayne2427 said:
Spoke with Jeff this morning and determined that it was definitely something electrical. He gave me a few plugs to check and in one of those connectors it has a pin bent. Straightened that pin out and have been driving it like a dog all morning. Haven't been able to make it lose the pedal yet.
. Told ya jeff was da man. Hes good people even though hes a chevy guy. Ha. Glad to see ya got it fixed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zayne2427 said:

What plug?

might need to rebuild the fuel filter housing... I along with others have had this issue, they suck air when a seal goes bad instead of fuel

The large grey harness on drivers side top of the engine. There was one pin bent. I also disconnected a bunch of connectors and dialect grease on all of them, cleaned the MAF, and its like a new truck. Truck also has new fuel filter and canister.

:popcorn: I've got a similar problem with my 06 Duramax right now. I am monitoring my throttle percentage and it seems dead on. I feel like I am losing boost. It's doing very similar things as you have described. It did throw a turbo vane code once. I reset it and it hasn't come back but I keep losing power I can't even pull out in traffic. And then all of a sudden it kicks in.

Sounds like it could be a sticking vane in the turbo. Watch the vane position on your scanner and see if it's jerky or hanging.

D-max throttle body

Although it doesnt function like a gas burner throttle body, it stays open most of the time and closes to reduce the ammount of boost getting to the intake so the EGR can function.

Doesnt have anything to do with the OP's question though.....

Another thing. Truck has ran great the last few days giving it hell. Haven't lost the pedal yet....
Tonight I plugged in an edge juice with attitude... All settinhs 0-5 Truck will not go over 2000 rpms... And goes into limp mode. Unplug it and it runs perfect

Just had this happen to ours this week. Baldwin fuel filter. Fixed it. Don't buy cheapo Autozone or house brand. Driver was complaining about pressing throttle and it fell on its face. We thought we had a problem but it was fuel filter.

Is the programmer unlocked? Not familiar with edge never ran it but could have another vin wrote in it

Latest posts