• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

any sbc gurus on here?

RioYJ

i wanna go fast!
Getting ready to crank my truggy got the stuff to swap the stock tbi heads out for some vortecs anything I should know about pushrod length and which ones I should use? And the comp I got came out of a 93 silverado and I called advanced auto to price a new one and they said there are several different ones which one should I get? And I'm sure ill get ragged for this but I'm no expert on this stuff so anyone willing to lend a hand it would be very much appreciated I'm not wanting someone to do the work just to point fingers so I only have to do this once thanks fellas and anyone that wants to lend a hand I have a well stocked mini fridge in the shop for some refreshments

I don't know for sure but I think you have to redrill the manifold bolts to fit the vortec heads. If your using the TBI intake. You should be able to plug and play if you have the harness and all, but I don't think theres a whole lot of tunning on the old computers.
I used to run an SBC with TBI in my scout , but I don't recall all the paticulars. I got rid of all the sbc junk I had and switch to all LS.

I've got the intake that goes with the heads so that's taken care of and if I had it to do again I would have gone ls

Latest posts