• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Anybody around Trenton GA?

Hard to believe Trenton would have anything like that, it's a small place full of backwoods people, they even separated themselves from the state of Georgia at one time, read up on the independent state of Dade.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I'll try to keep being terrible to a minimum...
c83ba20c3a507e1f86a2921d750b3c15.jpg

I saw a video on IG that looked like a golf cart being driven by a blind student driver Asian teenage girl that was texting.

Looked like sonic the hedgehog hitting cones instead of coins.

Course had a couple really tight 180s and surface was kinda gravely.

No excuses...we all drove on the same surface and course.

I did learn that the sport mode traction control is a lot more aggressive than I thought it was.

What I thought was no torque or power low in the RPMs was really just a computer pulling away throttle.

But then once I turned everything off I actually had to have some talent and drive the damn thing.

I picked up a second and a half with no traction control on...but man it felt sloppy as ****.

The auto trans didn't really hurt me. Start in 2nd and left it.

Well done on the Top 3.

What is the format for these events? Meaning how many laps do you get in order to lay down your best time etc?

Depends on course and entries. Sometimes 3 sometimes 8.

Small groups get more runs. Usually I get my fastest runs on 3rd or 4th try. Anything over I get sloppy....usually.

Fastest run came on my 6th/last.

....the hardest part is knowing you have 600hp on tap....and a stock Miata is either ahead of you or a few tenths behind you.

The s2000s and miatas are always sneaky. The c5 and c6 vettes are always tough. Best bang for your buck /fun in my opinion.

I just like mustang's. You can daily drive corvettes but it gets old quick.

tonybolton said:
Depends on course and entries. Sometimes 3 sometimes 8.

Small groups get more runs. Usually I get my fastest runs on 3rd or 4th try. Anything over I get sloppy....usually.

Fastest run came on my 6th/last.

Thanks for the info. Was just curious on the setup for the events.

Were there 18 entries in your class or total entries for the event? Also how do they determine classes?

While I have nothing worthy of autocrossing, the event as a whole seems neat to me, hence all the questions.

It's fun as long as it stays grassroots....keep the sponsors...money grabbers and "pros" out of it.

Some take it to the nth level. Most events around Knoxville have gotten up in the 80-100+ entries. While this does generate lots of money for the organization I think it makes it kind of terrible for the participants.

There's tons of nit picky classes to choose from on www.scca.com

Some rules make sense...most dont in my opinion.

It can sometimes just cater to "clique" cars. Lots of folks will choose a lesser fun vehicle jus due to competitiveness.

Different strokes different folks...

Like most Automotive Sports it can be as cheap or is expensive as you want it to be.

I remember when I first started there was a father and son that just went and bought some wheels and some race tires and would rent a Dodge Neon for the weekends and autocross the **** out of it and then turn it back in on Sunday or Monday. 15 dollar entry fee...500 bucks for wheels/tires that'd last a year.

I thought it was very cool because the father would teach his son car control and reasons why the car would do what it did.

Things like disconnecting a front or rear sway bar or just putting the race tires on the front or the back.

tonybolton said:
It's fun as long as it stays grassroots....keep the sponsors...money grabbers and "pros" out of it.

Some take it to the nth level. Most events around Knoxville have gotten up in the 80-100+ entries. While this does generate lots of money for the organization I think it makes it kind of terrible for the participants.

There's tons of nit picky classes to choose from on www.scca.com

Some rules make sense...most dont in my opinion.

It can sometimes just cater to "clique" cars. Lots of folks will choose a lesser fun vehicle jus due to competitiveness.

Different strokes different folks...

Like most Automotive Sports it can be as cheap or is expensive as you want it to be.

I remember when I first started there was a father and son that just went and bought some wheels and some race tires and would rent a Dodge Neon for the weekends and autocross the **** out of it and then turn it back in on Sunday or Monday. 15 dollar entry fee...500 bucks for wheels/tires that'd last a year.

I thought it was very cool because the father would teach his son car control and reasons why the car would do what it did.

Things like disconnecting a front or rear sway bar or just putting the race tires on the front or the back.

Thanks again for all the info and that's a cool story on the Neon rental program.

tonybolton said:
....the hardest part is knowing you have 600hp on tap....and a stock Miata is either ahead of you or a few tenths behind you.

The s2000s and miatas are always sneaky. The c5 and c6 vettes are always tough. Best bang for your buck /fun in my opinion.

I just like mustang's. You can daily drive corvettes but it gets old quick.

Buddy of a friend had a S2000 and we made a beer run one day. Once i was finally able to get my big ass in the thing it was a blast. Felt like it was on rails, and holy fawk was it quick. I was going to autocross my mustang when i had it but the morning I was going to go i woke up very hungover and didnt make it. :drinkers:

I think the S2000 or miata are 2 of the better cars to learn autocrossing with. They both have no balls down low / no torque so it forces you to be a smooth driver and will punish you if you **** up.