• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

ANYBODY ELSE HAD TROUBLE WITH HERO TRANSFER CASE

al1tonyota said:
10-4 all you can do is try and make everybody happy it doesn't always work out! :dblthumb:

I believe that. I also believe that I'm more interested in our own product and how it moves forward. Even if it means refunding someone and them putting "HERO TRANSFER CASES SUCK" on their buggy.

We are going to do what we do. Regardless of the market because this is how we move forward.

redline diesel said:
1410 yokes they send will not work not deep enough Andy send flanges to be at no extra charge then billed me transfer case gets hot and makes a ton of noise have talked to ANDY about the problems he doesn't know how hot it should run and also will not go in high range rear wheel going to b pulling it out and going to something else should of left atlas race case in

I think I'd like to set the record straight on this. We sent him flanges to cure the problem with the yokes. We did not bill you. I'm still waiting for my yokes back btw. You were billed for the drive shaft parts you used to mate up to our flanges. That was not done through us. I did tell you I wouldn't pay for them since I offered to bring the case back and fix it on my dime.

Getting hot and making noise is an issue. However, we are completely happy with a minimal amount of noise considering the gear selection we use. We went for strength and not comfort. Excessive noise should be considered a problem.

The heat issue is a problem. We have to address this. Before today, the conversation we had was that you were going to do some testing for us so we could understand just how hot the case was getting. Evidently, that fell apart after our conversation today.

We do know how hot it gets. But not how hot it should run. We ran KOH 2015 in Derek West's buggy and never saw above 150. So I'd start there.... per our conversation the last time you called in.

Wow this sucks, I know redline and he was excited about the hero case, pulled a perfect atlas race case out of his buggy to put it in. I haven't talked to him about it but I know he has had several nice buggys and I've never heard him complain about a product or vendor . Bummer. I'm curious what the issue is?

poolman said:
Wow this sucks, I know redline and he was excited about the hero case, pulled a perfect atlas race case out of his buggy to put it in. I haven't talked to him about it but I know he has had and has several nice buggys. Bummer. I'm curious what the issue is?

Me too. I want people to be excited about our case. I do expect people to look at the price tag and buy with confidence. As anyone should.

I pray we could have some understanding if we fail.

I don't think anyone who knows me could say I don't expect the best. The Hero case is new. All I ask is the favor to allow us the ability to move forward and not stop us because... "It's a bitch to pull your case out"

No dog in the fight here...other than RedLineDiesel is coming off like a winy bitch. Seems like a few of the big dogs here are running their case and it has been holding up.

-I doubt TC or hell anyone else will complain about the noise...especially during a comp and when you are wearing a helmet
-What temps are you seeing with the case? Oh you don't have temp sensor on it? Thats nice.
-sounds like you should go back to something else. good luck.

I had trouble with the Hero, but all got squared away with an Overnighted case to Arizona. THAT **** aint cheap and TWF footed it.
Put us behind the 8-ball for testing, but again better behind, than under.

At Parker this year I smoked a trans due to a converter failure, but the Hero didnt get hot. And I ran 7 or so miles at 110-113mph in lowside.
Heres the vid, that aint no graded road either, thats 2.5-3.5' deep whoops.

Parker425 2015 #1554

283c2ec2442d2098b061d1abbdb3d26e.jpg

I not a winy bitch I have try to work with Andy and I am tired of all the problems just seeing if there are other problems how do u explain yokes sent on a transfer case that don't work bolt drive shaft in will not move

InDaShop said:
I had trouble with the Hero, but all got squared away with an Overnighted case to Arizona. THAT **** aint cheap and TWF footed it.
Put us behind the 8-ball for testing, but again better behind, than under.

At Parker this year I smoked a trans due to a converter failure, but the Hero didnt get hot. And I ran 7 or so miles at 110-113mph in lowside.
Heres the vid, that aint no graded road either, thats 2.5-3.5' deep whoops.

Parker425 2015 #1554

That is badass.

How is that? I feel like it was handled perfectly. The victim was silenced, and the company is coming forward saying that there could be a problem and are willing to take care of it at any expense.

Re:

I'm not trying to bad mouth anyone just stating facts when u pay that much for a case it should work not the r and d problems that it has had if I had known what I know now I would have left altas in had no problems with it putting it in new buggy not a hero

The only problem we ran into installing hero was the front output shaft was to long for the 1350 yoke cut-off wheel solved problem pretty easy Case makes more noise than the stak I had but less than the 205 before that I couldn't be happier with case can land wide open and no worries about it breaking and shifts fine the only time I had shifting problems was when the tranny got so hot it melted the cables I have no complaints about the case and after dealing with Todd and Andy I'd say they would do whatever it takes to make it right with you

I really have no dog in this fight as I will never be able to afford a Hero Case. However, if they have really offered everything Dookie is saying they offered to Redline then I have to say they seem pretty stand up. Seems like the company really does want to make the customer happy. If I hit the PowerBall this week, I'll go ahead and get a few of them Heros and just give them to some of my friends for gifts. :JRich:

Latest posts