• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

ANYBODY ELSE HAD TROUBLE WITH HERO TRANSFER CASE

WHIZARD said:
I'll go ahead and get a few of them Heros and just give them to some of my friends for gifts. :JRich:

Where do I apply for this "friend" position? :)

Selvy I think all these problems are normal..mines gets a lil warm and is noisey but I don't think it's nothing to be alarmed by..at first mine was a little hard to shift but I run cable shifters and everything is hard to shift with them..I take some silicone spray and run the rods back and forth, seems to help a little but not much..as long as it's in 4wd I don't care lol..

Howdy,

My name is Todd. The owner of TWF. I want to start by saying thank you. Thank you to all of our customers and thank you for all of the positive feedback that has been in this thread.

When we set out to develop the HERO transfer case we had one thing in mind. Make something strong that would hold up where others had failed. I'm proud to say we have had several of them finish KOH last year and even a top 5 finish. They have been tested by some of the hardest drivers out there as far as rock bouncers, where they have and are still proving to be crazy strong. I'm going to start by saying that we have learned a few things along the way and grown from them. I feel bad that we have even one customer that feels he is not happy so to clear the air I would like to share what we have done to this point and what we have offered to do for this customer moving forward and let you guys be the judge on if you feel we have handled the situation to the best of our ability. Our real customer on this transfer case is a vendor of which the OP placed his order thru. This changes nothing about how we handle our product but I wanted to cover that up front. We received a call from the vendor saying that his customer (after placing his order and us shipping it) wanted to change from a pass drop to a drivers drop. We got the original case back and took it apart and put it back together in a new drivers drop housing. The area that I feel we let the customer down is the fact that we sent out 1410 yokes that needed clearanced. This was the fault of TWF and I am not going to hide from this. We made a mistake. To make the mistake right we sent out flanges to the customer, asking for the yokes back (which we haven't seen). We sent the flanges at no cost to the customer. I have gone a step further and called our customer the vendor and told him that we will cover the 300 dollars that the OP had to pay to fix his drive shafts that now except a flange. We received feedback from our vendor that the customer of his (the OP) said it is running hot and making noise. My first question which still hasn't been answered was "did he put the fluid in the case". After having a ton of cases out there we have never had this problem before and that is the only thing that all of us can think of that would allow the things listed to occur. We asked to get the case back. If there is a problem we want to address it. We would also be able to tell if the case had been run with no fluid by inspecting and doing test on the gears. This requests has been denied. We offered to buy the case back from the customer if he is not happy. This too has been denied. As the owner of a company that has spent and life time standing behind what I say and taking care of my customers I don't know what else I/we can do. At the end of the day everyone wants a happy customer, us included. I want this customer to be proud to own what we feel is the best transfer case in the business.

This product gets beat on by the best and hardest drivers in the business. It is proven. Our service both before and after the sale I feel is very good and as you can see some of our customers have backed that up in this thread. We just want this and all our other customers happy and all we ask in return is the chance to make it right if there ever is a problem.

Take care,

Todd Wooten

Wyatt,

Thank you for the post. I shared this as an example of what it takes to create heat. High speeds create the most heat. Yet even with abuse like this our case has been known to run at very low temps. Heat and shock load are what kills more parts than anything and this video is a prime example of pure abuse on product. We are tickled to see stuff like this and anyone else that is pushing their rig to the limit. That's the exact market our product was intended for, U4 and Rock Bouncers who want something that will hold up to pure shock load.

Thanks again man! Your video had me on the edge of my chair!

InDaShop said:
At Parker this year I smoked a trans due to a converter failure, but the Hero didnt get hot. And I ran 7 or so miles at 110-113mph in lowside.
Heres the vid, that aint no graded road either, thats 2.5-3.5' deep whoops.

Parker425 2015 #1554

:woot:

Attachments

• 58592524.jpg
    58592524.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 614
Just based on this thread If was in the position to buy a hero case, I would. Not sure what OP was trying to accomplish with this, but for me it shows how well TWF is running their business. You got almost an immediate response from the owner and manager on a public forum offering to fix any issue. It doesn't get much better than that.

muddinmetal said:
JohnG is normally all over this sh*t... I bet if Batmobile Will would have started this thread it'd have been locked by now :****:

Actually Tyler, I don't read every thread here. It has not been reported to me to look at. I saw the thread title and thought camera and was not interested if someone had an issue with a GoPro. Got here between the two Todd Wooten post's.

My biggest complaint about the thread is the OP simply cannot find the period key, and that makes his **** hard to read. Todd, welcome to Hardline. Y'all carry on.

I want to straddle the fence a little here. First I dont have a hero case but do have TWF wheels and the customer service has always been impeccable to any other company I have dealt with. Andy does great with his job.

I have also raced and hung out with Selvey he seems to be a good stand up guy. So maybe out of all of this Selvey got his frustrations out and TWF may have picked up some customers.

civicmindedex79 said:
I want to straddle the fence a little here. First I dont have a hero case but do have TWF wheels and the customer service has always been impeccable to any other company I have dealt with. Andy does great with his job.

I have also raced and hung out with Selvey he seems to be a good stand up guy. So maybe out of all of this Selvey got his frustrations out and TWF may have picked up some customers.

I don't know either party and airing dirty laundry on a public forum is awful for both parties. Now that the laundry has been hung out to dry, Selvey should either refute what was said by the owner of the company or provide them with the case for analysis. Biting his tongue at this point is not showing a sign of restraint, but a sign of wrongdoing. Provide the case, let the analysis be done, get your money back and let all of this be put to rest.

couldn't ask for a better response in my opinion. stand up company thumb.gif

Todd Wooten said:
Howdy,

My name is Todd. The owner of TWF. I want to start by saying thank you. Thank you to all of our customers and thank you for all of the positive feedback that has been in this thread.

When we set out to develop the HERO transfer case we had one thing in mind. Make something strong that would hold up where others had failed. I'm proud to say we have had several of them finish KOH last year and even a top 5 finish. They have been tested by some of the hardest drivers out there as far as rock bouncers, where they have and are still proving to be crazy strong. I'm going to start by saying that we have learned a few things along the way and grown from them. I feel bad that we have even one customer that feels he is not happy so to clear the air I would like to share what we have done to this point and what we have offered to do for this customer moving forward and let you guys be the judge on if you feel we have handled the situation to the best of our ability. Our real customer on this transfer case is a vendor of which the OP placed his order thru. This changes nothing about how we handle our product but I wanted to cover that up front. We received a call from the vendor saying that his customer (after placing his order and us shipping it) wanted to change from a pass drop to a drivers drop. We got the original case back and took it apart and put it back together in a new drivers drop housing. The area that I feel we let the customer down is the fact that we sent out 1410 yokes that needed clearanced. This was the fault of TWF and I am not going to hide from this. We made a mistake. To make the mistake right we sent out flanges to the customer, asking for the yokes back (which we haven't seen). We sent the flanges at no cost to the customer. I have gone a step further and called our customer the vendor and told him that we will cover the 300 dollars that the OP had to pay to fix his drive shafts that now except a flange. We received feedback from our vendor that the customer of his (the OP) said it is running hot and making noise. My first question which still hasn't been answered was "did he put the fluid in the case". After having a ton of cases out there we have never had this problem before and that is the only thing that all of us can think of that would allow the things listed to occur. We asked to get the case back. If there is a problem we want to address it. We would also be able to tell if the case had been run with no fluid by inspecting and doing test on the gears. This requests has been denied. We offered to buy the case back from the customer if he is not happy. This too has been denied. As the owner of a company that has spent and life time standing behind what I say and taking care of my customers I don't know what else I/we can do. At the end of the day everyone wants a happy customer, us included. I want this customer to be proud to own what we feel is the best transfer case in the business.

This product gets beat on by the best and hardest drivers in the business. It is proven. Our service both before and after the sale I feel is very good and as you can see some of our customers have backed that up in this thread. We just want this and all our other customers happy and all we ask in return is the chance to make it right if there ever is a problem.

Take care,

Todd Wooten

Re:

The oil u all sent was put in it and the place where it was purchased from has the yokes. U did just offer to buy it back and it is coming but I am still out of money and time changing drive shafts again.i hope your cases work for other people because I'm not hard to get along with I go out of my way to make things work. I thought I was buying a lot higher quality case that had the bugs out.i have nothing else to say but u will get the case back and good luck to the people that buy them

InDaShop said:
I had trouble with the Hero, but all got squared away with an Overnighted case to Arizona. THAT **** aint cheap and TWF footed it.
Put us behind the 8-ball for testing, but again better behind, than under.

At Parker this year I smoked a trans due to a converter failure, but the Hero didnt get hot. And I ran 7 or so miles at 110-113mph in lowside.
Heres the vid, that aint no graded road either, thats 2.5-3.5' deep whoops.

Parker425 2015 #1554

sorry for the slight derail, but you were haulin some ass!!! thumb.gif

Re:

infamous1 said:
When I upgrade my case TWF will get my money after reading this whole thread!!!

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk

Classic. Customer bashes company. Seems to be unhappy with product and doesn't like result

Company responds in best way possible.

Instead of making others think twice about product now we want to buy product

bbone said:
Classic. Customer bashes company. Seems to be unhappy with product and doesn't like result

Company responds in best way possible.

Instead of making others think twice about product now we want to buy product

Exactly what I was thinking, at least redline found the . , but It sure seems like he's one of those people that can't be made happy.......just sayin'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stano said:
Exactly what I was thinking, at least redline found the . , but It sure seems like he's one of those people that can't be made happy.......just sayin'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So if you pay that much for a case and it's noisy, runs hot, wrong flanges and won't shift into high in the rear you'd be happy? Pay to change all your mounts, change your drive shafts and tunnel only to change it all again. I probably wouldn't be happy.