• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

ANYBODY ELSE HAD TROUBLE WITH HERO TRANSFER CASE

Re: Re: ANYBODY ELSE HAD TROUBLE WITH HERO TRANSFER CASE

poolman said:
So if you pay that much for a case and it's noisy, runs hot, wrong flanges and won't shift into high in the rear you'd be happy? Pay to change all your mounts, change your drive shafts and tunnel only to change it all again. I probably wouldn't be happy.
I wouldn't be happy if the company blew me off and didn't offer to help fix the problem but that doesn't appear to be the case in this situation.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

poolman said:
So if you pay that much for a case and it's noisy, runs hot, wrong flanges and won't shift into high in the rear you'd be happy? Pay to change all your mounts, change your drive shafts and tunnel only to change it all again. I probably wouldn't be happy.

I am thinking this too, even if they refund all the $ it was still a TON of work & aggravation, AND you sill gotta ship the big sob back

So no off road product ever has problems? Come on what do you guys want done, have the owner of the company publicly hanged? What in you fellows opinion could he have done any better to rectify the situation?

I cannot blame the OP for being aggravated and the company representative and owners handled their side very well. All points have been discussed. At this point its just beating a dead horse. It should be perceived as a learning experience for both the OP and Trail worthy fab.

poolman said:

Not saying that at all, I'd be just as aggravated as the OP, but I do respect the reply from TW. I know problems are inevitable and I bet both parties would had rather avoided this altogether by having a flawless product. However, stuff happens and you can only try to remedy the situation and move forward, that's all I'm saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree yes it would be aggravating more so because of the price, but the yokes didn't have to be swapped for flanges that was just another option! could've simply sent different yokes to use with the current driveshafts! not shifting running hot and making noise twf could've paid shipping to and back to check the case and correct the problems if there are any! The vendor should be kept aware of the situation but no warranty or service in a case like this he's not going to be any benefit anyways! My opinion at this point would be for the op to send the case back let twf pay for shipping, let them correct the problems with the case, send it back to the fella and let him run the case! No more extra fab or driveshaft work and I think he will be happy with the case when everything is working right! :dblthumb:

AllGoNoShow said:
Only thing I have to add is that TWF has always treated me right and OP's posts are hard to read.

x2

If I ever build another rig it will probably have a TWF case based off he customer service provided.

Mortalis5509 said:
283c2ec2442d2098b061d1abbdb3d26e.jpg
Man you always got tha badaA parts...
But they always just sittin around. No way In hell would that work for me. Haha

Todd Wooten said:
Wyatt,

Thank you for the post. I shared this as an example of what it takes to create heat. High speeds create the most heat. Yet even with abuse like this our case has been known to run at very low temps. Heat and shock load are what kills more parts than anything and this video is a prime example of pure abuse on product. We are tickled to see stuff like this and anyone else that is pushing their rig to the limit. That's the exact market our product was intended for, U4 and Rock Bouncers who want something that will hold up to pure shock load.

Thanks again man! Your video had me on the edge of my chair!

Todd-
I appreciate it, I will say I was angry, pissed, and had major words for you when I saw you at KOH in the midst of all of this, last year. But when i found you, you had been drinking for a very long time that day, and I elected to not have the convo at that time.
And with my schedule during KOH & Parker last year being on top of each other, and racing both and qualifying for both, and being 3 hours separate on a map. And when I tried to re-track you down, I found that Terry Madden had raided that case for other parts for his, so I know you never got a chance to inspect the one video'd below.
Andy certainly had heard my complaints. I hope you have since fixed them, but your Quality Control at the end of 2014/beginning of 2015 was ****.

For others, to understand why I was pissed. Video.
New Hero case, front output issue.

Now for the good. As you read earlier, once the thing was right, and the new one was actually not junked together, the things flat worked. I ran that car up to 144mph on pavement in highside (testing), and 132mph on dirt in highside (Mint 2015), and 113mph on dirt in lowside 1.5:1 (Parker425 2015).

So this video is the forward facing counterpart to that other post with the rearfacing which is hard to tell truly how rough that section is. Front facing with 22" of travel on 40" Nittos.
And at the end you hear that we are hot, and my co-driver saying we need out of lowside.
The plan was to start off the line in 4wd low for the launch down the highway in Parker, AZ, and then shift to highside when we made the left into the dirt but before the railroad tracks. I made the left, and lifted while my co-driver was to shift the Hero. It didnt come out of Low immediately, so he said "Go, go, go!" I believed we'd shifted, was not informed until we were hot that he hadn't been able to get the shift done.

Enjoy!
Testing low range at 113mph.

kushKrawlin said:
Man you always got tha badaA parts...
But they always just sittin around. No way In hell would that work for me. Haha
I haven't had my stuff together. That's from when I picked it up Monday, 3 speed. I'm getting there soon. 1.41 and 3.01

Mortalis5509 said:
I haven't had my stuff together. That's from when I picked it up Monday, 3 speed. I'm getting there soon. 1.41 and 3.01

Just curious what axle ratio you are running? What type of wheelin you do?

dynajeep said:
Just curious what axle ratio you are running? What type of wheelin you do?
Ha.

Man I tell u one thing... In da shop could possibly be my new hero..(no pun intended). Jesus lord have mercy... Fukin pimp ****!!! 144mph... Woooo hooooo!!! Got dam your the man. fawk! Scurrttt scurrrtttt booyang

kushKrawlin said:
Ha.

Man I tell u one thing... In da shop could possibly be my new hero..(no pun intended). Jesus lord have mercy... Fukin pimp ****!!! 144mph... Woooo hooooo!!! Got dam your the man. fawk! Scurrttt scurrrtttt booyang

I sometimes hit 140 in my car its a rush off road? no thanks

bbone said:
I sometimes hit 140 in my car its a rush off road? no thanks
offroad in deep ****ing whoops. Nothing you see online can really prepare you for how that **** looks in person clicking off huge whooped out track sections from desert race courses. More speed and throttle is almost always better, but at first your brain is telling you that is not the right answer laughing1

blacksheep10 said:
offroad in deep ****ing whoops. Nothing you see online can really prepare you for how that **** looks in person clicking off huge whooped out track sections from desert race courses. More speed and throttle is almost always better, but at first your brain is telling you that is not the right answer laughing1

Y'all are nuts. laughing1

blacksheep10 said:

I have been blessed to live on the west coast for 24 years growing up. It's a fawking blast hauling ass in the desert.

bad80cj said:
I have been blessed to live on the west coast for 24 years growing up. It's a fawking blast hauling ass in the desert.
X2 fastest I've been is 54mph in a gayzr 800s all it would do on the limiter! Woo that was fun I'd like to run a 1k across there! The 800 couldn't handle much over a 1' deep whoop or it would start bucking!

Latest posts