• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

ANYBODY ELSE HAD TROUBLE WITH HERO TRANSFER CASE

al1tonyota said:
X2 fastest I've been is 54mph in a gayzr 800s all it would do on the limiter! Woo that was fun I'd like to run a 1k across there! The 800 couldn't handle much over a 1' deep whoop or it would start bucking!

I call bullshit. You were doing at least 60 mph, backwards down the hill at Choccolocco. :driving: :'( :'( :drinkers:

gubni said:
So it's been a few months since the case was being shipped back. Todd and Andy can either of you tell us what you found?

We got the case back and ran it on our machine. We noticed the noise Selvey was talking about so we knew that something was going on. We couldn't figure out a viable solution that met Selvey's time frame so we just made a whole new case, ran it on the machine, noticed the noise was nothing like the case coming in and shipped it off to him so he could go play. I was hoping Selvey could give an update on his new case so we knew 100% that it was in and working as it should. I know he has been in contact with Todd and the outcome has been positive.

As far as the original case in question... we can replicate the noise. We can't replicate the heat issue yet. We tore the case apart and went over everything. One of the gear sets in his case was at the max spec that we say is acceptable. But we've had other cases with the same spec be perfectly fine. So we are going to play around with that gear set and see if we can fix the issue by tightening up the spec. We are going to stick it in a test rig and see if we can replicate the noise and heat issues in the real world instead of just spinning it in our test machine. But we have to wait for it to come back from the metal tester dude with the high end equipment who gets all scientifical to say what's actually going on with the part before we move forward. :)

Dookey said:
We got the case back and ran it on our machine. We noticed the noise Selvey was talking about so we knew that something was going on. We couldn't figure out a viable solution that met Selvey's time frame so we just made a whole new case, ran it on the machine, noticed the noise was nothing like the case coming in and shipped it off to him so he could go play. I was hoping Selvey could give an update on his new case so we knew 100% that it was in and working as it should. I know he has been in contact with Todd and the outcome has been positive.

As far as the original case in question... we can replicate the noise. We can't replicate the heat issue yet. We tore the case apart and went over everything. One of the gear sets in his case was at the max spec that we say is acceptable. But we've had other cases with the same spec be perfectly fine. So we are going to play around with that gear set and see if we can fix the issue by tightening up the spec. We are going to stick it in a test rig and see if we can replicate the noise and heat issues in the real world instead of just spinning it in our test machine. But we have to wait for it to come back from the metal tester dude with the high end equipment who gets all scientifical to say what's actually going on with the part before we move forward. :)

awesome, thank you for the update

wanted to give aseupdate on transfer case.todd send me new case works like a charmin shifts good no noise nothing like the other case

I'm friends with redline, the new case they sent him works fine, no noise or heat issues. I'm not sure what happened with the first one and I'm not sure anymore knows.

Dookey said:
We got the case back and ran it on our machine.

I think it's cool that you have a "machine." It makes me curios what a transfer case testing machine looks like. If not too sensitive can you post pics of it? :smoke:

patooyee said:
I think it's cool that you have a "machine." It makes me curios what a transfer case testing machine looks like. If not too sensitive can you post pics of it? :smoke:

Im picturing a lathe with a fixture on the bed to hold the case and drive the input off the chuck.

toreadorranger said:
Im picturing a lathe with a fixture on the bed to hold the case and drive the input off the chuck.

Even the biggest lathe would hardly be a test for a case that is meant to hold up to 1000+ hp. I was thinking a running drivetrain mounted to a fixture that the case can be mated to. But I would think you would want a way to apply resistance to the outputs as well.

But either way, I think it's interesting and would like to see it!

How about they just put it on there "machine " before it goes out so problems like this don't happen?????? Shouldn't everything be tested?? I know every spa we sell has water in the lines because they were tested. A expensive case shouldn't be any different in my opinion.

Latest posts