• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Anybody use the 13.5cc KRC pumps

Cornbread Customs

I think its the pumps im gonna run on my rig. Im looking for personal experience, pros, cons..... Im runnin a high displacement orbital with 2x10 double ended cylinders and I want quick dependable steering. Thanks.

Go BIG Or Go Home!! ????

I'm running 2 on mine, I love them. It's also really easy to turn up the pressure by changing out a 25 dollar valve, by doing so they go from 2.5 to 3.7 if you go all the way in valve size.i think they are very well made and you would be happy with them

Since we're talking KRC, has anyone run the iron pumps on an LS engine with any long-term success? I've seen people running the $800 aluminum ones that are meant for the higher RPM, but people say the iron ones are good for more RPM than KRC claims.

I'm turning mine around 7 g's with no problems yet.Most of the high dollar roundy round cars up here run the expensive aluminum ones. I was told to stay away from the older cheaper aluminum ones.

Forgot to mention mine is on an old school small block tho, not sure if that matters

Crank pulley size matters moreso than engine rpm. Its not really the fact that a stock LS spins 1000 more rpm than a stock SBC, its that combined with the fact that the LS crank pulley is 2" larger dia. than the SBC's which causes the ps pump to spin a lot faster given the same size pulley.

I cant speak on behalf of their pumps or how they work but I can say their customer service is awesome. They worked with me over the phone and in house on improving the reverse rotation steering on the LT1 thats in my buggy. They are local to me and after seeing the time spent just over the phone with me before I went to their shop is enough for me to give them my business on the 5.3 swap steering pump.

bushhog750 said:
I cant speak on behalf of their pumps or how they work but I can say their customer service is awesome. They worked with me over the phone and in house on improving the reverse rotation steering on the LT1 thats in my buggy. They are local to me and after seeing the time spent just over the phone with me before I went to their shop is enough for me to give them my business on the 5.3 swap steering pump.

According to them, unless you buy the $800 aluminum housing pump, they don't have one that will work on your 5.3.

patooyee said:
According to them, unless you buy the $800 aluminum housing pump, they don't have one that will work on your 5.3.
I haven't even begun to look that far ahead. The guys name that helped me so much is Roger to the OP you may wanna call him if you got questions. And unlike other companies if you leave a message he will call you back. It's dirt car season here in GA so they might be busier than normal but Roger is a hell of a guy.

Aren't some people changing the ls's over to regular balancers and putting aftermarket pulleys on them?

Re: Re: Re: Anybody use the 13.5cc KRC pumps

Elliott said:
Aren't some people changing the ls's over to regular balancers and putting aftermarket pulleys on them?

I know you can but i didn't think it was very common??? I think you are referring to using underdrive pulleys?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Exactly, I'm a little over on rpm's that are recommended but haven't had a problem yet.

Elliott said:
Exactly, I'm a little over on rpm's that are recommended but haven't had a problem yet.

What size crank and pump pulley you using? Cast Iron pump? How long you been running it like that and what size inlet? -10?

patooyee said:
Since we're talking KRC, has anyone run the iron pumps on an LS engine with any long-term success? I've seen people running the $800 aluminum ones that are meant for the higher RPM, but people say the iron ones are good for more RPM than KRC claims.

I guess i should have added that in there.... I am planning on the iron pumps with the 6.5" pulleys and on a LS also. Im really glad to hear bout the customer service! That makes me feel better bout runnin them! They will be goin on my rock bouncer but I wont be runnin them at high rpm's that often. Will be a lot of playin and trail riding involved more than all out "bouncing"
Thanks for the feedback fellas!!

Go BIG Or Go Home!! ????

Elliott said:
I'm running 2 on mine, I love them. It's also really easy to turn up the pressure by changing out a 25 dollar valve, by doing so they go from 2.5 to 3.7 if you go all the way in valve size.i think they are very well made and you would be happy with them

Thats a great piece of 411, just the kinda thing im looking for :) Do you possibly have a link to the piece you are talking about? I appreciate it a bunch.

Go BIG Or Go Home!! ????

http://www.daymotorsports.com/proddisp.php?ln=21257&product=KRC+POWER+STEERING+FLOW+VALVES&partnumber=KRC-25312000&description=Aluminum+Flow+valves+allow+you+to+tune+your+steering+to+the+driver.+The+larger+t

Think i found it :)

Go BIG Or Go Home!! ????