• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Anyone dig two wheels?

Eddyj

I have only been living in Bham for about 4 years. I've noticed no one goes to Barbers motor sports park in Leeds. WTF this place is awesome! One of the biggest vintage motorcycle swap meets and race in the country is this weekend. Prob 400 vendors set up tonight. It's a little of everything too, not just vintage. Anyways ill be working friday and Sunday. If anyone is coming out post up, I'll hock you up.

Barber is a 55 million dollar facility, fawk yea it's nice! molaugh They also paid for over 95% of the bikes in the museum. Was talking with one of the museum staff guys one time and he said out of every bike in there (unsure of approx. total number) the museum has had like 5 or 6 bikes donated. That museum is so kickass, 5 floors of nearly every kind of bike imaginable. :****:

Done several trackdays there, been through the museum 3 or 4 times...apparently the ice cream business has been awfully good to Mr. Barber :****:

This is in front of the museum
DSC00186.jpg

DSC00185.jpg

Me on track at Barber, think this was the first trackday I done on my ZX10R after I quit tracking the GSXR 750 I also had at the time.
meatbarber2.jpg

This is a guy that I rode with at Barber....Don't remember the guy's name, but he striped my ass every session. He was a club racer though. Sumbitch can get low!!!
1025090253.jpg

I'm in for 2 wheels maybe more than offroading. Hadn't got a pic of my full stable but here's a few of me on my bikes. Don't have the Road King anymore but still have a Ultra, Fatboy, Sportster, XR650R, CRF50 and a XR50

byne3u3e.jpg

zypa2ehu.jpg

u3uvama4.jpg

yruqeba5.jpg

Not gona make it to Barbers. We got a Poker Run to ride for a local charity then heading to Daytona next week.

I have never owned or been a fan of Harley's, but since my knee is trashed and won't bend past 90 degrees, therefore limiting me from riding a sportbike, I think the next bike project I have will be a Harley Sportster bobber / mild rat bike. I love that flat black, whitewall, thin pin stripe look.

Here's the Yamaha Warrior I bought last year after I finally bounced back after my wreck...sold it earlier this spring to fund the new shop at the house. Never have ridden anything like a cruiser or sport cruiser before, only sportbikes and dirt bikes. I was suprised and how much mmph this thing had...fuel injected 1700cc, Cobra exhaust, and Power Commander III USB
2011-09-30_16-13-49_96.jpg

When I bought it, I had intentions of doing something like this custom Warrior with it, but it was so fun to ride like it was, I just said to hell with it and never even removed the factory reflectors molaugh
2011-06-29_15-21-51_681.jpg

I'm gonna post whore this thread so hard molaugh molaugh molaugh

Bought this bike wrecked with salvage title, (dad used to be a dealer) fixed it, and rode it for about a year then sold it. Originally was gonna be a track only bike, but I'm too OCD for that and ended up spending too much money on it, making it a little nicer than originally planned.....so I just rode it for awhile and parted ways with it.

02 Suzuki GSXR 750

This is with some redneck engineered bars for a subframe to mount the seat too since the original subframe was ripped off. Wanted to test drive it to see whether or not I'd bought a hunk of fawk or not molaugh
DSC05883.jpg

DSC05884.jpg

Shitty desktop screenshot that I have mysteriously saved over the years of me at Barber on it after I fixed it. Note my HORRIBLE straight up riding posture. This my first trackday ever.
trackpic-1.jpg

Finished product before I sold it
DSC00458.jpg

DSC00457.jpg

Wish I could, it's been a minute since I've been down there and never been to the big swap meet thing. I work Friday and then Saturday I'm having a really large blowout at my house deemed "Dean-A-Palooza" :****: expecting a good 40-50 ppl there, grill out, pitch washers, build a fire, and alot of :drinkers:, :cougar:, and flashemifyougotem ;D

If you give the first **** about motorcycles and have not been through the museum....pay the money and go check it out at least once. It's amazing.....even moreso if you're a bike enthusiast.

I like sport bikes and have rode several they just never fit my style. I'm more old school and like to take a trip here and there.

TacomaJD said:
If you give the first **** about motorcycles and have not been through the museum....pay the money and go check it out at least once. It's amazing.....even moreso if you're a bike enthusiast.
TRUTH!

I remember when the place was being built, George didn't want a buncha old busted ass tires in there, so he bought ALL NEW tires for the barracades. ::)

When I was more into the sports car scene, I got to go see Ford testing the early prototype GTs there. That was cool, and lemme tell ya, there is nothing impressive about a test/prototpye car. All the wiring was ziptied to the chassis, no loom, bare bones, no frills, not even a decent paint job, just take it out a beat the fawking piss out of it. 5 minutes before we got to the pits they had put one in the wall so I got to check it out. :dblthumb:

Re: Re: Anyone dig two wheels?

I wheeling this weekend so I won't get to go. I have never been but sounds awesome. I have an R6 for the past 5 years and have put 43k miles on it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

That's cool as ****! Not my style, but cool and unique!

They have two of the race Team Jordan Suzuki literbikes on display in the museum....I would give my left nut and maybe even the right one too, just to do 5 laps around Barber on one. You're talking as much money into a literbike as what the Tanners have in their buggies :****:

Here's one I stuck together back when choppers were cool.
127 ci Ultima engine, 6 speed trans, 3-3/4" open primary, 280mm back tire, 14" stock Paughco front end.
DSC01849_zps9e88dea9.jpg

DSC01847_zpsd982ead2.jpg

DSC01804_zpsaa6b1800.jpg

DSC03207_zpsb5ecd342.jpg

yankster said:
Here's one I stuck together back when choppers were cool.

That bike was not built when choppers were cool... about 30 years too late... ha just wanted to mess with you. That custom is cool if you are into those, never been a fan myself. I have always loved motorcycles. I really like to ride them on one wheel!

Found an old vid of me at the local dragstrip doin a tank wheelie with my feet kicked up behind me in the seat. Pause it at half track and you can tell I'm on the tank. 2nd gear, balanced out around 80-85mph.
Josh Dean / Tank wheelie at Section Dragstrip

Here's a crappy quality video of me at a trackday at Barber I also found. I'm the guy following the guy in front and after we come out of turn 6, I make a pass on him.
Making a pass at a Barber Trackday with STT

I got into rock crawling because I needed a safer way to feed what I got from moto. I started riding when I was 15 and earned a professional license at 21. Injuries and to many distractions kept me from going any further than I did with it. I ended up breaking my neck in 2004 and walked away from MX completely until 09 when I decided to buy another bike and get back into it

This was my first professional race. This pic was taken at Budds Creek in 2001 in the Sunday morning qualifier
26139_109029889123645_2463982_n.jpg

15434_102828596410441_6560580_n.jpg

380995_326620154031283_1811360775_n.jpg

163030_187093131317320_1080915_n.jpg

26860_111234255569875_8245625_n.jpg