• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Anyone do specialty glass work in the southeast?

Juan_Hong_Loe

That's dumb
I work for a fairly large machine shop and we have a couple of machines that need to have the glass replaced in them. They are safety glass laminated with polycarbonate with a large hole cut in some for a rotoclear port. MFG wants way too much and to be honest I don't want to risk shipping them in. We have a local place that used to laminate and cut to our specs but the one guy that ran that part of their operation retired and of course no one filled his shoes. All of our other local shops used this same place as well so when they quote us they say "no one around here is doing that anymore." Any leads would be greatly appreciated guys! Here's a video of a machine a little bit similar to ours with the Rotoclear port in it so you can see what I'm talking about if you are unfamiliar...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOSvySEw7tE

Hey man, first person I would call is my headlight refinishing guy. He is my
go-to for all my highline work.

Research around your area. Call the Porsche, Ferrari dealer and ask for the guy that does THEIR headlights.

Don't call Kia or Honda. Lol

I'd bet the cost of glass replacement that he can come in and refinish both sides of the carbonate

LightBnDr said:

Research around your area. Call the Porsche, Ferrari dealer and ask for the guy that does THEIR headlights.

I'd bet the cost of glass replacement that he can come in and refinish both sides of the carbonate

You know you are balling when you have a headlight refinishing guy......I just use the stuff from O'Wal Mart Zone

LightBnDr said:

I'd love to but they've had parts and insert slung into them and they're busted.

Joc that used to be on here works at a glass company in the shoals area if I remember correctly and I think they make custom glass and deal with specialized projects

I can handle it...we just delivered a load of glass clad poly to a customer this week. Give me a call @229-891-4149 or shoot me an email to [email protected] with what you're needing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks for the help guys! I called Nelson yesterday and you would've thought I was asking for spaceship parts or something... They didn't want to do it. I'll hit you guys up today or Monday. Thanks again!

Juan_Hong_Loe said:
Thanks for the help guys! I called Nelson yesterday and you would've thought I was asking for spaceship parts or something... They didn't want to do it. I'll hit you guys up today or Monday. Thanks again!

We've got an individual guy that does our trackhoe safety glass if you got a minute I can look them up? :dunno:

Latest posts