• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Anyone ever been to Sydney, Australia?

bradzuki

To make a very long story not quite as long, my wife won a trip to Australia on the Ellen show. She got to choose between Sydney and Melbourne, picking Sydney. I've never flown on an airplane so my very first flight will be a 23 hour long marathon. :eek: We are staying at the Sebel Surry Hills Resort Hotel

I was hoping that some of you well traveled folks may have visited before and could point me to some of the better places to eat, visit, or just hang out. If I don't come up with something on my own I'll be forced to tag along with my wife doing all the boring **** that she wants to do. I don't mind visiting a museum or two but I don't want to do it for 6 days or spend the whole time visiting shops looking for **** to bring back home. We are leaving Nov.15th and will return the 23rd. We will have a cab voucher but since I'm not much on big cities, I'd rather stay close to our area (which is next to Sydney Harbor). It will be the beginning of summer there so hopefully we will have good weather as long as the place don't burn down before we get there.

In case anyone wants to see my wife make a complete fool of herself, here's the YouTube video of her appearance.

Know or Go, Earth Day Edition!

No help on the travel, but the wife and I thought the video was hilarious. How did y'all get the trip in the end since they all lost. I am not a "Ellen" fan, so I dont know how the game works.

bamatoy said:
No help on the travel, but the wife and I thought the video was hilarious. How did y'all get the trip in the end since they all lost. I am not a "Ellen" fan, so I dont know how the game works.

I'm no fan either but the wife has been trying to get on the show for years. She is a huge Ellen fan and has tried everything in the book to get to go to the show. She finally landed some tickets back in April and flew out to a taping. She had been studying up on blogs, chat rooms, Ellen fan pages, and everything else she could find so when she got to the show she knew who she needed to talk to, what she needed to say, and what she needed to do to get on the show. At this point I was telling her they were gonna get a restraining order against her because she was acting like a psycho stalker type. Lo and behold, she got on the damn show. Basically, if you get on stage, you're a winner. She makes them do stupid stuff or act a fool in front of millions. Ellen always gives out great prizes to her guests (I reckon that's why it's so hard to get on the damn show) but she never thought she was gonna get a trip to Australia. We got an all expense paid, week long trip (that's still costing me a fortune) that we have to take by Nov.30th. We wanted to wait until the latest possible date because it's just now the beginning of summer there. Unfortunately there are a bunch of wild fires going on now so hopefully they will all be taken care of by the time we get there.

I went there the summer after I graduated to play football. I feel for you with that flight. It sucks. You are going to say :wtflol: for about half the flight. We landed in Sydney and spent the day there with our group and then we went to Surfer's Paradise. We went to the Olympic complex, the Sydney Opera house, and some fancy jewelry store to that taught us some crap about opals. Australia was great. The people were really friendly when I was there. The food really sucks though! :puke: I would go love to go back and actually have more time to visit.

Latest posts