• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Anyone ever make a zirk guard?

skipnrocks

Both my rigs in prep for Moab required new zirks for the lower kingpin. I thought what a pain. Wonder if it's worth the time to make a small guard to protect the zirk. I was thinking taking some 1/8in played and an old miss alighnment spacer and welding it to the center to protect the zirk. Or maybe fully encasing ?? What are your thoughts.

Or let it brake off and throw a new zirk in in 3years when it needs more grease?!!

Pretty much all mobile equipment has little pieces of pipe welded around the zerks.

I'd probably do nothing though.

How exposed are they really?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SBJeepn said:
Both my rigs in prep for Moab required new zirks for the lower kingpin. I thought what a pain. Wonder if it's worth the time to make a small guard to protect the zirk. I was thinking taking some 1/8in played and an old miss alighnment spacer and welding it to the center to protect the zirk. Or maybe fully encasing ?? What are your thoughts.

Or let it brake off and throw a new zirk in in 3years when it needs more grease?!!

I cut a 3/4" pipe about 1/2" long or so if I remember right and welded it on. I can get a couple pics later and post up.

Ha, I thought I was the only crazy one....

Attachments

• IMG_8689.JPG
    IMG_8689.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 104
I wonder if a weld washer is thick enough? They're sloped to help keep from hanging up?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Bigjimmy82 said:

This is what I was thinking of too. Probably depends on where you wheel maybe. Not sure how we broke all ours off but may have to do with the sage brush on the property.

Bigjimmy82 said:

Yep. This is exactly what i did. Its looking pretty mangled these days, but havent had to change that zerk out yet! Even had wood jammed in around the zerk and it was still good lol.

Latest posts