• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Anyone ever rebuilt a psc double ended ram?

Beerj

Sonzabitches!
One of my seals is leaking pretty badly. I've got what looks to be a rebuild kit for the entire ram but I'm short on time so was just going to do the one outside seal for now. Is it just as simple as removing the clevis and unscrewing the cap at the end? If so, I think I could probably do it without even removing the ram.

Pic for reference even though I'm sure you guys have seen plenty of rams.
40c704da399f5fc3dfcef147058a5be7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

You should be able to do it in place. Like you said take the clevis off, take the hose off then unscrew the head with a spanner wrench. You will have a rod wiper (the seal you see from the outside), a rod seal, possibly a rod wear band and a outer head oring and backup. Just pay close attention to how the rod seal goes in (cup towards pressure).

Thanks man. It actually went pretty smoothly (aside from the trans puking but that's a different story). That rod seal was a pain to get in. Huge seal that has to go through a little opening to get to it's home. All seems well though.

Good deal. They actually make tools to install the rod seals that can help. I have found a little heat from a heat gun will make the seal softer and easier to install.

Is that the little 3 pronged deal that kinda squishes it into a U shape? I saw a video where the guy had one so I just tried my best to mimic what he did.