• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Anyone heard of a new 1550 or Rockwell 40 spline axle shaft coming out

collinmaune

There has been some talk a East coast company is coming out shortly with a 1550 40 spline inner 32 spline outer axle shaft or possibly a rockwell size u joint axle shaft. Has anyone else heard this and can shed some more light on to what company it might be or when these might be able to be purchases?

I've ran the 1480 40 spline stuff without issue for 2 years
Branik has the 1550 Yokes made but they are developing their own 1550 ujoint to compliment them and that is why they aren't available yet

bringing this thread back to life instead of starting another one....

So there is some pretty cool stuff coming out lately, and just so happens I'm in the market for front shafts. So before I sell my soul for RCVs, I've been kicking around some options/ ideas.

My front end is 40 spline inner / 47 spline outer. So this is what I'm looking at different options for.

Last edited:
Obviously RCV is the bees knees. But lets talk about the other brands.

These monsters just dropped recently.

0E51517F-4ECB-4569-8827-88615EF3F66E.png

1550 vs 1480

60390D39-9F4F-4B38-A8A3-B00D54836DE3.png

For these they are 500 for the stubs and $850 for the CTM u joints and I would guess 800 for the inners. So around $2,100 or so. I think oversons are right about there for 40 and 47 spline, maybe a little more expensive. They are 650 for u joints, 600 for stubs and I would say 900-1000 for inners. Really depends on what you want to run I guess.

'Rhodes diffs' is also also offering these with a 'no questions asked warranty'

View attachment 117547

I don't think Rhodes is offering anything in the 47 spline flavor, checked this morning. So it may be down to Ouverson and RCV for me. Or a combination.... don't really want to mix and match to be honest.

Since you are running 47 outer, I'm assuming you have ouverson splindles and super 8's? I know a lot of people like RCV's, I just like a u joint over a cv joint. That is just me personally. Another option is Overtime CNC Keith Berry. He makes some badass Mega truck stuff. He made the hubs spindles etc on the bounty hunter buggy.

I don't think Rhodes is offering anything in the 47 spline flavor, checked this morning. So it may be down to Ouverson and RCV for me. Or a combination.... don't really want to mix and match to be honest.

Since you are running 47 outer, I'm assuming you have ouverson splindles and super 8's? I know a lot of people like RCV's, I just like a u joint over a cv joint. That is just me personally. Another option is Overtime CNC Keith Berry. He makes some badass Mega truck stuff. He made the hubs spindles etc on the bounty hunter buggy.

What outer knuckles are you running?

Yeah, Ouverson aluminum super 8s with the Crane Magnum Cs & knuckles .

I know these don't help you, but I thought it might contribute to the thread....

Latest posts