• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

ANYone make one on their own?

skipnrocks

Anyone diy their own metal brake? Hf sells one for 240 but I have seen a few designs online that seem easy and cheap for how little I do this may be the way to go? If you have made one let's see it. As well as what you like and what you would change?

I just put the piece on the edge of the work bench where it needs to bend and screw a 2x4 down on it. :****:

Lol been there done that. Just thought it would be nice to have a legit brake from time to time. A lot of builds seem simple but I worry about the longevity/strength of the hing they use

I'm intrigued by this I have some angle iron laying around that I think would make a pretty good one

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I made one out of some angle I had laying around. I will take some pics of it tonight in the shop. It worked ok for thinner materials but not as good as I thought it would for material like 3/16 thick. I really need to get the flex out of the center of the angle that holds the workpiece to the table. I really want a finger brake as you can bend much more complicated pieces with them.

i did one from heavy angle iron

has top die adjustments and cam clamping
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts