• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Anyone messed with LED tailgate bars?

I use to work at a truck accessorie place and the ones we installed were terrible. Half of the lights would quit working within 6 months. I don't remember the brand though.

Re: Re: Anyone messed with LED tailgate bars?

I've installed about a dozen of these, I had the same issue with all of them.

I've installed lots of them. The cheap ones burn out quick. The Recon ones have a warranty and seem to last longer. I found that the installer is to blame on a lot of the ones that were customer installed. The wires are small, crimp or solder, the piggyback connectors are bad for loose connections. I would just install individual led's if it was mine. :dblthumb:

i put one on my pickup been on for 7 years no problems what so ever... its just the extra brake light and signal .... got it from stylin concepts .. i got some cheap light from northern tool and put under rear bumper on toggle switch for extra back up lighting

Tax season then my wedding and general lack of time has kept me off site awhile.

Anyone got some other suggestions for adding some backup lights and signals etc since maybe light bars aren't the best option?

A friend of mine used some small LED lights with a flood pattern. Put them on the bottom of the bumper or hitch, I can't remember. Gives off more than enough back up lighting. I haven't seen a good solution for adding more turn signal lighting.

85toyo said:
A friend of mine used some small LED lights with a flood pattern. Put them on the bottom of the bumper or hitch, I can't remember. Gives off more than enough back up lighting. I haven't seen a good solution for adding more turn signal lighting.

I reckon signals are bright enough, but wanting to add running lights and backup lights more than anything else.

Latest posts