• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Anyone out there that will reprogram Skim?

L

lowbudgetjunk

2000 Jeep Cherokee. SKIM was bad, bought new, now it needs programmed. I am attempting not to use the dealer. Closer to Cullman, AL the better.

Sent from my A571VL using Tapatalk

Almost all locksmiths have the equipment nowdays to program keys, lock modules, etc, including Chrysler SKIM. A lot cheaper than a dealer and they come to you. Check with a couple local locksmiths. Good luck.

Re:

I appreciate it. Yep, the dealership prices have always been stupid high. Never thought of using a locksmith. Thanks for the heads up.

Yeah i have the same issue on my dodge that im building. It cranked and ran when i first got it and then sat for a while with no batteries in it. Now it only cranks and runs for 3 seconds then shuts off like a security setting.
Shows NO Bus and Invalid skim key. The key still locks, unlocks, activates and deactivates the alarm.... Only have the one key and its the model that is all plastic and doesnt actually have a steel key on it. Everything i have read says i have to bring it to the dealer to have it flashed/reprogrammed. Figured i may get a funky look or 2 hauling a truck up with everything cut off of it but the dash and firewall

I read somewhere that you can take a older computer and swap in but ya have to change ignition too or it locks the swapped computer, think u may have to unplug factory alarm too. But prob easier and cheaper to go dealer or locksmith

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re:

I am using a locksmith local on Monday. $100 to program the Skim & both keys.

This happen to our juggy (running a 1998 jeep Cherokee motor and computer). I found someone scraping a 1997 cherokee that did not have a skim. Bought it and installed it without the skim and everything worked good. Now we dont have to work about the dam skim. If I remember correctly I only paid $50 for the computer out of the 1997 cherokee.
Just another option for you to think about.

Latest posts