• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

AOP Bounty hill 2014 Pic's and Video

Dvaughn1971

Jake Burkey takes down the AOP bounty hill 2014 in the Riot buggy

Re:

I hate to be "that guy" that starts the safety discussion, but that looks like TOO many people WAY TOO close to the action. Now, I wasn't there and may not see it right, as far as distances. And, it seems like it was a fairly low speed hill. Just makes me nervous. Too many what if's....

Re:

tyldyl12 said:
I hate to be "that guy" that starts the safety discussion, but that looks like TOO many people WAY TOO close to the action. Now, I wasn't there and may not see it right, as far as distances. And, it seems like it was a fairly low speed hill. Just makes me nervous. Too many what if's....

The flying debris was more of a problem than the risk of getting ran over. The trees were so thick going up the hill that a buggy couldn't really fit through the sides (I know there are always exceptions)

Debris is to be expected, kinda like going to a dirt track race. Just gotta watch out and have an escape route or a tree to hide behind...

After the first couple runs we went back down to the bottom and watched from a distance, from back behind the big sinkhole away from everyone

Re:

tyldyl12 said:

I thought the people watching were a safe distance away, but the recovery crew was a different story. I seen one young lady that was with a photo crew catch a rock to the side of her head. Pretty sure she got sewed up. Then a young girl got hit in the leg with a rock on the last run. There were alot of young kids running around not being watched by their parents. But overall I think AOP does a great job with safety in mind.

What happened to the bounty hill? That looked like a decent timed race hill but a far cry from a bounty. Really disappointed. I have been wanting to see hill 66 hit by some big boys all year.

Re: Re: Re: AOP Bounty hill 2014 Pic's and Video

The-Boss said:
What happened to the bounty hill? That looked like a decent timed race hill but a far cry from a bounty. Really disappointed. I have been wanting to see hill 66 hit by some big boys all year.
Considering that like half the people rolled on the first climb I'd say it was a decent choice.

Granted there wasn't a huge dirt hill or ramp style jump, but that stuff is less interesting to me. Seems dumb to race big buggies up hills that a mild 2wd rail can smoke.

Re: Re: Re: AOP Bounty hill 2014 Pic's and Video

TBItoy said:
Seems dumb to race big buggies up hills that a mild 2wd rail can smoke.

I would love to see a Rail buggy climb that hill all the way out the top. Hell I'm pretty sure most rail biggies couldn't get over the ledge at the beginning.

Another thing is Tom wanted to make sure someone got the $5k. He thought this hill would be harder than they made it look. It's not easy picking a bounty hill.

Don't worry though there will be a 25k dollar bounty on the Hill that still hasn't been climbed next year. Im pretty sure it will get spanked now as soon as the guys are allowed back on it.

Re:

The little girl at the end fell and cut her leg. That come straight from her daddy. The girl that caught the rock with her ear, they glued it back together and continued their day. Seems Tom was always telling people to back away from the starting line. As far as the hill goes, the hill was picked to be a hard Hill but to be possible. But the drivers are continuing to step up their A game and are making harder Hills look easy.