• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

ARB D60 o-rings

gubni

www.lugnut4x4.com
I have a jeep with an old Dana 60 ARB locker. I blew an o-ring and found two part numbers and ordered both. Both of them are a square 2 lip oring. My old one is a normal round o-ring. I have found that they are not interchangable, but I have not found the part number for the old style. Any help? Chevy Dana 60 front with 4.88 gears.

I have a jeep with an old Dana 60 ARB locker. I blew an o-ring and found two part numbers and ordered both. Both of them are a square 2 lip oring. My old one is a normal round o-ring. I have found that they are not interchangable, but I have not found the part number for the old style. Any help? Chevy Dana 60 front with 4.88 gears.
I'd measure it out and get on McMaster Carr and find one.

I'd measure it out and get on McMaster Carr and find one.
I thought about that, but I'm not confident in my ability to measure the old ones. Also I did find info on where ARB recommends a special type of material that can withstand the heat better than normal rubber.

I thought about that, but I'm not confident in my ability to measure the old ones. Also I did find info on where ARB recommends a special type of material that can withstand the heat better than normal rubber.
don't measure the o-ring itself, measure the space it fits in/over.

Do you know what model your ARB is? (it's probably an rd35/36 if it's old) I google searched "old ARB Dana 60 o ring" and it brought up this ARB manual:

which calls out "For replacement O-rings use only BS136 Viton 75"
Which means a -136 size O ring, made of Viton (the "special" material), 75 durometer.

Here is what mcmaster has with those specs, o-rings and x-rings.

If it's the newer "3 digit" part number RD166 etc, then it uses a larger -140 Viton 75 o-ring.

Latest posts