• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Arb help

skipnrocks

I wheeled the buggy tonight for the first time. It was awesome. Only glitch was the front air locker. I have an arb I hear the solenoid tirn off and on. And there is no air leaking but the locker still doesn't activate.. Suggestions?

Yea I flip the switch and it airs up pressure and never activates again. I rode for an hour and kept it locked hoping it would lock and it never leaked the air out

Hmmm. In that case I'd say it's either a pinched or kinked line, or an internal issue with the locker itself. Maybe pull the line off the housing and see if it blows air when engaged.

Also, if it does blow try getting a gauge on it. I have a zip locker which is basically the same thing. I've got my reg set at 90 psi which I think is right in the middle of what they require.

I will check that. I also have read that over filling the diff can cause difficulty. And I have a diaphragm on the diff instead of a breather. Is this a problem? I do have an arb compressor so I will check to make sure its giving a proper 90psi

I can't see how over filling or a breather/diaphragm would make a difference but I guess it happened to someone otherwise you wouldn't have heard about it.

The only thing I can think of is that with a diaphragm, when heat builds up it will slightly pressurize the housing. That pressurized oil may seep past the oring on the collar with the airline and maybe mess with the lock mechanism. But that's just me spitballing.

Should activate at 30psi, I ran mine off my co2 and that was 150psi... had a nice crisp on/off. With that said don't be scared to run some pressure at it, the old days people said not to but now they say give it what you can. I love arb's when they work, hate them when they dont.

Well crap who would've suspected it was a pinched airline. Somehow the airline had flipped up in between the floor and one of the mounting tabs and gotten punched in there. As soon as I released it locker fired up and was working great. Wish I had known that last night when I was wheeling in the dark LOL! Thanks for all your help guys!