• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Are all RZRs junk?

Nuts

My friend has a band new 4 seat 1000, 100% stock. At 7 hours he found a broken front shaft, we had just been cruising around taking it easy that day because my buggy was getting hot, I saw everything he did and there's no reason it should have broke. Fast forward to this past weekend, said rzr now has 25 hours of time on it. He dropped off a little 1' tall bank and into a mud hole,tried to back up and couldn't, put it back in forward blipped to about 1/4 throttle and blew out the transmission case and both rear axles. It sounds like he beats on it but I can vouch for him that he doesn't, this thing just falls apart and he's only 1 payment in. Polaris wants all the broken parts sent to them so they can inspect them to see if there has been any abuse. Obviously they're going to say it has been and void his warranty. Are they all garbage or did he just get a lemon?

Re:

I think it's pretty hit or miss I've seen some fall apart and then I've heard some make all kinds of rackets and they just keep going.

After riding in a friend's dad's xp1000 I was really really wanting one and I think I could make one last but I just keep seeing the repair bills of yet another money hole because I know that I would try to take it up some of the stuff my Jeep does.

I think if I could find a really really really good deal on a used 1000 XP I think I would go ahead and take the plunge.

The only way I would buy one would be with cash so there is no way that I would be making payments on something that I'm going to be tearing up.

Hot or miss. My 2012 800S is rock solid. My 2013 Jagged X 4 seater is a piece of ****. 636 miles on it and I am on my second engine rebuild.

Some of it is how you drive them! You can beat on them hard as long as you drive it like it has factory small parts! Things like not landing wot go a long way! Ride in 2wd as much as possible. I beat on my dads '13 900 Xp and '14 1000xp pretty hard on several occasions never broke a shaft but broke one wheel and bent radius rods and lower control arms.

Borrowed a '14 1kxp from a buddy that beat on it regularly first hill I hit broke a front inner shaft? Got to looking and all of the shafts were bent from twisting from previous beatings so I just cruised around the rest of the day in 2wd. Had to replace a shaft $140 or something like that. (I hate borrowing stuff)

Re:

tonybolton said:
I think it's pretty hit or miss I've seen some fall apart and then I've heard some make all kinds of rackets and they just keep going.

After riding in a friend's dad's xp1000 I was really really wanting one and I think I could make one last but I just keep seeing the repair bills of yet another money hole because I know that I would try to take it up some of the stuff my Jeep does.

I think if I could find a really really really good deal on a used 1000 XP I think I would go ahead and take the plunge.

The only way I would buy one would be with cash so there is no way that I would be making payments on something that I'm going to be tearing up.
I'm sure once his is fixed it will be for sale. He's not happy with it at all.

I've got an 800s it's been a real good unit. I'm super rough on **** and expect it to do what my Rockwell crawler does but that's when the front end pops and makes noises. It still pulls and nothing has ever broke yet. I have busted all of the fox shox though by jumping the **** out of it. So now I really just stay out of it before it costs me a **** ton of cash to fix it. So yes some of them are just ****.

The old 800 I have (2009) has been a good machine. I can say other than a leak from the transfer case everything that's broken was my fault. Of course mine was built before they started making them in Mexico.

I have 14 XP1K and I haven't had any problems, other than breaking a couple shafts. I didn't even have a bent one until I put the 30" rocktanes on it. At first I drove it like it was very fragile and would blow apart at any moment, now I try to beat it and started breaking shafts, I went ahead and put rhino shafts front and rear and seems to be doing good. Mine has over 1000 miles on it so far. This past weekend at windrock a guy in our group had his carrier bearing blow apart and it was a 2015, another guy with us had a 2015 and already replaced the carrier bearing. I think it is a hit and miss type of thing.

Re:

In my opinion, Polaris should concentrate more on engineering quality instead of always trying to 1-up last year's model. It's a shame a company that holds the majority of the marketshare in sxs sales can't build a better product. They have the performance down, moreso than other brands. They just need better quality control!

I've had two 4 seaters....currently have a 2016 1000xp with over 800 miles on it, purchased in September of 2015. Had a small electrical issue with power steering going out....but other than that they are both rock solid and fun as hell. Haven't even broke an axle in the 2016 and it has climbed tons of good **** with 32" rocktanes.

fordcontraption01 said:
I've got an 800s it's been a real good unit. I'm super rough on **** and expect it to do what my Rockwell crawler does but that's when the front end pops and makes noises. It still pulls and nothing has ever broke yet. I have busted all of the fox shox though by jumping the **** out of it. So now I really just stay out of it before it costs me a **** ton of cash to fix it. So yes some of them are just ****.

did you ever get the S conversion completed on your 800?

Neal3000 said:
did you ever get the S conversion completed on your 800?
mine is a 2010 800s ls it's that orange madness like the one Tim Cameron kept flipping on flipper. I was having issues with trying to get the shox fixed where mine are all leaking if you remember that.

Re:

Knock on wood the only things I have broke were my fault on mine . Never broke a stock axle though they were all bent.. put rhinos in it and snapped one first ride .

I think it is hit or miss. I've seen some beat to death and never skip a beat and others I've seen break doing nothing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

BPINAZ said:
I'd like to have one, but can't justify 25k price tag.

They ain't $25k unless you are buying the baddest ass turbo model :****:. If I could fit in one and was gonna buy a Gayzr, it would have probably been an unmolested XP900 for around $10k.

We have an '11 800 4 seater that has seen more miles on the trails of SMORR (3 and up of course) then anywhere else and has so far only bent an axle. And I pretty sure that was from getting hung up on a rock I should not have been trying to crawl, or in this case more like jump. Don't know if its the luck or the maintenance but I sure would not trade it for a 1000, to many issues that cost a lot more to fix then ours.

We think the trans housing broke because the axle shaft whipped around and hit it when it let go. But both shafts still took a **** at the exact same time without ever being beaten on.

Yes. Unless you use it to take your garbage can to the end of the driveway once a week.

Latest posts