• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Atlas Oil Level question and ARB fuse question

J

Joc

I traded for a jeep with an atlas case and from what Ive read the site tube is how you know your fluid level. All the ones I see that have fluid showing are not clocked flat so of course the fluid runs to the side and fills up the tube. My case is clocked flat and doesnt have any up in the tube or at least doesnt look like it. I read the PDF manual and it tells how to mark the tube the day you first fill it but I see no marks.
Is this right or is the case low? Somebody with a flat case care to check there level or possible snap a pic of where its at if it shows

Next question.
The ARB compressor had the fuse bypassed...looked like possible trail fix and got forgot about. I want to fix it right but dont know what amp fuse it had. I emailed ARB but no reply in the last couple days.
Anybody running an ARB setup and care to look?

Thanks in advance

You should drain the Atlas, fill it with the proper amount and mark the hose. I run ARBs in both rigs, but run air switches to get rid of the troublesome silinoids. I should have a manual somewhere if you do not get an answer.

JohnG said:
You should drain the Atlas, fill it with the proper amount and mark the hose. I run ARBs in both rigs, but run air switches to get rid of the troublesome silinoids. I should have a manual somewhere if you do not get an answer.

That would be the best method and crossed my mind. May end up having to do that anyways just so ill fell safe about the level. Whats the air switches you speak of? Do you run an air tank instead of the small arb compressor/tank? I got a small arb compressor with a tiny tank on top and on top of that are the front and rear air valves? Im guessing what your talking about isnt like this is it?

Joc said:
That would be the best method and crossed my mind. May end up having to do that anyways just so ill fell safe about the level. Whats the air switches you speak of? Do you run an air tank instead of the small arb compressor/tank? I got a small arb compressor with a tiny tank on top and on top of that are the front and rear air valves? Im guessing what your talking about isnt like this is it?

I run the small ARB compressor.

arb_CKSA12_large.jpg

The air switches are from Power Tank.

http://powertank.com/products/sfID1/27

133.227.300x200.Toggle_dual.jpg

Ah ok makes sense. No electronic failure to deal with besides compressor.

I just got under the jeep and took a better look with a flashlight and can see maybe 3/16" of oil showing above the end of fitting. I'd say that's about right for no more than it takes vs how much room there is for it in the bottom. Maybe somebody has one mounted flat and can chime in if theirs is same or more.

i think the manual says 2 quarts- no more no less. i drained every bit out of mine and filled it back with 2 quarts and roll on.

zayne2427 said:
i think the manual says 2 quarts- no more no less. i drained every bit out of mine and filled it back with 2 quarts and roll on.

You are correct on the Atlas II

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk with my left thumb.

I'm clocked flat.

1qt Lucas Syn 75w90
1qt Lucas Oil Stabilizer "Pure Synthetic"

On the site tube, I wrap a ziptie at the level sitting on flat ground. That way no dirt, oil, mud, pressure wash changes my mark.

InDaShop said:
I'm clocked flat.

1qt Lucas Syn 75w90
1qt Lucas Oil Stabilizer "Pure Synthetic"

On the site tube, I wrap a ziptie at the level sitting on flat ground. That way no dirt, oil, mud, pressure wash changes my mark.

I know the angle of the fitting plays a factor in how much u see but just how far up the tube is the fluid in yours? I'm seeing 3/16-1/4" with fitting aimed straight up.

My atlas came with 2 qts amsoil. I assumed it took both cuz I no read constructions!

thanks for the feedback on the atlas.

ARB tech guy finally emailed me back. Its supposed to have a 40 amp flat fuse in case anyone searches for this years from now.