• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Atlas Transfer Case

j-mox

Got a couple of questions on the Atlas cases.

Buddy of mine at work has a case for sale and I shot him a price of $1000 for it and he perked up because it's "Starting to gather dust".

Here is the problem though, it's only a 2.0-1 case. It also fits Dodge and Jeep automatic transmissions which wouldn't work for me because I have a manual. He put less than 2000 miles on it before he pulled it out to change to a different transmission and just sit this aside.

I know the 2.0 isn't real desireable so I was wondering if it was worth it to try and flip it and make a little money if I could get it for that price? Also would it be worth (or possible) to change out the gears and make it a 3.8 or 4.0?

find out the input splines? You wont be able to upgrade gears, especially if its an old case.

If its a 32spline input and driversdrop, I'd buy it from you if you decide to flip it. My new car (IFS, desert go-fast is running a 2.0 case, and I'd like to have a spare.

InDaShop said:
find out the input splines? You wont be able to upgrade gears, especially if its an old case.

If its a 32spline input and driversdrop, I'd buy it from you if you decide to flip it. My new car (IFS, desert go-fast is running a 2.0 case, and I'd like to have a spare.

Do you have a build thread?

j-mox said:
Got a couple of questions on the Atlas cases.

Buddy of mine at work has a case for sale and I shot him a price of $1000 for it and he perked up because it's "Starting to gather dust".

Here is the problem though, it's only a 2.0-1 case. It also fits Dodge and Jeep automatic transmissions which wouldn't work for me because I have a manual. He put less than 2000 miles on it before he pulled it out to change to a different transmission and just sit this aside.

I know the 2.0 isn't real desireable so I was wondering if it was worth it to try and flip it and make a little money if I could get it for that price? Also would it be worth (or possible) to change out the gears and make it a 3.8 or 4.0?

You can change the inputs on atlas's relatively easy. Also you can put a reduction box in front of it, 203 or a blackbox, klune etc and you would have the equivalent of a 4 speed atlas. 1000 is a smokin price :dblthumb:

I'm interested in buying it from you if it's passenger drop, regardless of input.

Let me do some talking with him and see if he really is serious. He already knows I can't use it but is ready to unload it.

I'm 99.99% positive it's passenger drop because he had it in a 1 ton Chevy. He dropped a 12 valve Cummins into a early 80's pickup. After some issues with the Dodge transmission he put an Allison behind it and changed to another Atlas.

Thanks for the help :dblthumb: