• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Atomic Ridge

snoball

I've heard so many different opinions about this trail good and bad. We are going to windrock this weekend and this is the only trail we have never hit. Planned on doing it on sat so just wanted some opinions of whether it's worth the drive, will we be there for 2 days recovering buggies, or is it a cake walk? Btw I've heard all the stated opinions.... Thanks

if its wet I probably would stay away unless you got high horsepower and diggers, most of it is steep and not a whole lot of rocks.. when its dry its doable but tough.. It is a long drive out there..

there are a few vids of it on youtube but i haven't found any that give you a good look at what the whole trail is like.

better put your big girl panties on if we keep gettin rain like we had today :****: ill be there saturday with tony to ride with youns. prolly be winch fest

we got enough rain today to screw us on that trail lol. that side of the mtn never sees sun light so even if it was 90 degrees rest the week it would still be soaked. im just ready to hold somethin wfo... its killin me

Too bad I'm headed to PC this weekend, I'd give it a try.

Gonna get Robert in the hill killer buggy to ride with us in a few weeks. We'll have at least one of us make it to the top. And he might be able to follow me ;D

Honestly, I've never been there, but its just a trail. Why do we have trailered rigs if we're gonna ride the gravel roads?

wimpykid said:
Too bad I'm headed to PC this weekend, I'd give it a try.

Gonna get Robert in the hill killer buggy to ride with us in a few weeks. We'll have at least one of us make it to the top. And he might be able to follow me ;D

Honestly, I've never been there, but its just a trail. Why do we have trailered rigs if we're gonna ride the gravel roads?

I been wantin to try Atomic for years.

I ain't afraid to winch my junk up a real trail... I won't hardly winch in a PARK like GMP, where you can usually back up a few feet and take an easier route to the top.

I miss the long difficult trails where you either make it or have to winch to continue on, and you know better than beat your rig into a pulp, because you have a long ride back to the trailer!

Re: Re: Re: Atomic Ridge

TBItoy said:
I miss the long difficult trails where you either make it or have to winch to continue on, and you know better than beat your rig into a pulp, because you have a long ride back to the trailer!

That's pretty much my philosophy on all trails at Windrock.

Gettin a broke rig outa there on any trail short of 15 is chore!

When I rode GMP....i liked how I could jus go around **** I didn't feel like ****in with. :p

We ran it a few years ago,two yotas on 36's that drove 6hrs one way.it took us about three hours.i winched liked crazy,my buddy drove up everything but the entrance. It was fun as hell,just watch the switch backs coming back down!

Re: Re: Atomic Ridge

bd7f66754f1aa166a8b1de082435b9f5.jpg