• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Audio Guru's

Re: Re: Re: Audio Guru's

ibrokeit said:
Anybody know of a double din touch screen that has an HDMI in? Want to be able to hook the laptop to it.

Might I ask the purpose of hooking laptop up to head unit?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Audio Guru's

TBItoy said:
Streaming? From hard drive?

Why not just watch them on the laptop?

Good point lol def would be bigger screen. Maybe for better sound through the truck's speakers?

I think the USB drive thing would work, but I don't know enough about formatting files and whatnot correctly to play. That Z06 corvette I had a couple years back had a double din touch screen with usb drive and I had some problems playing music from the USB drive I had. I just had a shitload of songs downloaded from Limewire before they shut it down, transferred like 1k or so songs onto it, and only like 300 or so would show up as available to play when I plugged it into the radio...so idk really, I'm not that tech savvy with all that advanced file formatting/codec ****.

Sent from my DROID4 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

TBItoy said:
Streaming? From hard drive?

Why not just watch them on the laptop?

Can't hear my MacBook Air over the diesel. I've thought about the portable harddrive but like josh said and I've read online, the harddrive has to be formatted a specific way and the movies have to have a specific codec, most of which aren't loaded in a radio like they are my laptop. The simple solution would be to just plug the laptop in and let it go.

ibrokeit said:
Anybody know of a double din touch screen that has an HDMI in? Want to be able to hook the laptop to it.

You talkin bout doin some weird stuff to a couple of Japanese chicks or some computer crap here :dunno:

;D

xjkrawler said:
Why not load them on a 32gb micro sd card? Most if not all double dins have a card reader slot.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

That may be an option. But kinda like a mentioned earlier, a lot of the movies I have need special codecs to play that I bet are not/can not be loaded on a double din.

ibrokeit said:
That may be an option. But kinda like a mentioned earlier, a lot of the movies I have need special codecs to play that I bet are not/can not be loaded on a double din.

They are getting pretty advanced with the newer model head units, wouldn't surprise me a bit if USB or SD Card worked like a charm. I personally would get on www.caraudio.com and post a question about it on there if you really wanna get down to the most efficient and affordable option. Bet you aren't the only one that's wanted to do this and I'm sure someone there will be able to give you a credible answer. Mash Yer bygawd MOTOR!

Does the Macbook Air have bluetooth? We watch videos from my droid and play the sound through bluetooth in the jk.

I always just put the adress in my gps before and see how long the trip is goin to take. I just hit redbox on the way out of town and grab enough movies to last the whole trip. Its hard to watch movies and drive you really just listen to them. It gets a HELLUVA glare on the screen too.

zukimaster said:
Head Unit molaugh, reminds me of Marsha and Bonnie

Lmao them's some good head units right there, Bonnie was Shiner's best in class....she could take her teeth out!