• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Auto Jack?

skipnrocks

So I have put a hydraulic dovetail on my crawler hauler and its awesome. As a result I have an on board battery. So I decided I should hook an electric motor to a pulley to operate the jack. So I bought an efficient small electric motor that has a built in gear reduction box producing a whooping 50 rpm. So my question is this.

I need to get a pulley to mount a belt or chain onto the trailer jack and motor so I can choose my rpm. My curiosity is how many rpm would help the motor live, but at the same time not be ridiculously slow.

The motor allows you to reverse polarity for up and down.

My goose takes 30 cranks of the handle once the feet touch the ground to get off the ball in the bed. So as a guess your looking at 30 seconds appx. to connect/disconnect. That's not too bad. I messed up my back and used a Harbor Freight pipe threader with a hex adapter installed of my handle for a while. This was at home with an extension cord. There web site doesn't show rpm but my guess is around 60 or so.

Im not sure on the torque side of things. I have a two speed Jack on it and the slower one is pretty easy. Just tireing cranking it all the time. I had also though of using a winch motor. Their not too expensive