• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Autozone SUCKS

xjmarc

Wannabe Bouncer
So I spend around $250 including a tool rental and used a gift card I got as a gift for part of it. Take the tool back and policy says since I used a gift card for part of it they have to put the amount I used on another one. So I decide I'll get a spare set of locking hubs but notice they show a 3 MONTH warranty when every other store and the manufacturer list them with a LIFETIME warranty. So do they just not recognize the manufactures warranty? I'll spend this gift card and they won't get another penny from me.

Most any retail stores refund to the same tender that was given for payment. You can't cash out gift cards. Manufactures are responsible for warranties so I would assume that Auto Zone may not be an authorized reseller of your hubs so the manufacture does not honor their warranty unless you buy through authorized resellers. I'm not sure though.

Good luck.

I spent 250, 40 of it was the gift card. I got back 115 and 40 of that was put back on a gift card. Had I known they'd do this I would have split the purchase. I asked about the hubs and was told after 3 months they won't touch them period yet all the others said lifetime.

Parts stores are funny about warranty stuff. I have bought parts from Worldpac with a better warranty and cheaper price than from Advance, Advance owns Worldpac. :dunno:
I have noticed that if a part isn't lifetime warranty, Napa usually has the better 2 year 24k mile warranty than the one year typically offered by others.

TOOLMAN said:
A-ZONE IS THE JUNK OF JUNK! they are a last resort!

Agreed.

Re:

There's always the chance that the guy you were talking to didn't know what he was talking about as well. I managed an autozone for about a month before I went back to making real money. My staff didn't exactly know what they were talking about all the time.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk