• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Back up camera

onepieceatatime

I like turtles...
I've tossed around the idea of throwing one of these on the tow rig to save trips in and out of the truck to hook up the trailer. Anybody else run one? Whatcha got? and what do you or don't you like? I'm hoping to keep this cheap. Been wanting to put a new headunit in the the truck and almost thought about seeing if I could find one I could plug a camera into. Most times I'm pretty good at backing up to it pretty quick but those times where I've gotta get out more than once get old.

Re:

I've got a few saved in my Amazon.com wish list.....but haven't pulled the trigger yet. They're all in the 40-60$ price range. Nothing fancy.

Re:

I recently did a new double din DVD player head unit when my factory din and a half went out. The back up camera only gets used for trailer hooking and is AWESOME.

I've got one from factory. I never knew what I was missing until I got it. Perfect hookups every time. Also makes backing into tight spaces easier. You won't regret it. Things just get goofy if you're backing up with the tailgate down, pretty much just see an upside-down license plate.

Beerj said:
I've got one from factory. I never knew what I was missing until I got it. Perfect hookups every time. Also makes backing into tight spaces easier. You won't regret it. Things just get goofy if you're backing up with the tailgate down, pretty much just see an upside-down license plate.

X2. Best damn invention since birth control.

pholmann said:
X2. Best damn invention since birth control.

We'd never have had you if birth control was all the rage.... :stir:

I have it on my wifes car and on the old 84 Beaver motorhome. Made life a whole lot easier. Kinda like A/C seats. I never knew I needed them, til I didn't have them. My wife is slightly spoiled.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00WR6ZRG2/ref=mp_s_a_1_fkmr0_1?qid=1453535414&sr=8-1-fkmr0&pi=AC_SX220_SY330_QL65&keywords=pyle+backup+camera+lincse+plate+frame
This is the one I use hooked up to a pioneer touch screen.

Kinda in the same category. Hope you dont mind me asking. Anybody used any of the wireless ones? I would like to have one to move from back of truck to the back of my enclosed trailer.

pholmann said:
I had one, it never worked right. Maybe a better grade would work?

Not what I wanted to hear. May be asking alot but do you remember the brand. Just want to compare what is in my saved list to what you bought. All the reviews talk about a real grainy (not sure how tnspell that) view but are being used on 50+ foot rigs. My trailer is only 28' so I dont think it would ve that big of a deal to me.

I think my wife got mine at advance auto. Seems like running the wires and making a hookup would be beneficial for a clear picture instead of running a wireless one.

pholmann said:
I think my wife got mine at advance auto. Seems like running the wires and making a hookup would be beneficial for a clear picture instead of running a wireless one.

Yep I have had that thought to. This haulmark is so tight underneath the wires would have to be run on bottom of the frame rails (exposed) to being ripped off running offroad and I am too lazy or nervous to take apart a brand new trailer and run inside with wiring.

Re:

Could you run some real small EMT down the bottom side wall around the frame rail? Protect it and kind of hide it?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

tnford88 said:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00WR6ZRG2/ref=mp_s_a_1_fkmr0_1?qid=1453535414&sr=8-1-fkmr0&pi=AC_SX220_SY330_QL65&keywords=pyle+backup+camera+lincse+plate+frame
This is the one I use hooked up to a pioneer touch screen.

I have this same camera hooked to an Edge CTS monitor on the dash of my tow rig. I use it all the time just backing up my driveway at night. 15% tint and Dodge's shitty reverse lights make that a much more difficult task than it should be. Haha.