• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Baddest Trail Rig in the Southeast.

alscott said:
The whole time i was reading this the only thing i could think of was atomic ridge, rail trail, and rattle rock at windrock in one day on the same tank of gas and who ever has pulled the least amount of cable and still has a nonbroke rig at the end is the winner ;D :****:

I support this.

Winner gets a 30 rack of keystone to share with everyone back at camp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alscott said:
The whole time i was reading this the only thing i could think of was atomic ridge, rail trail, and rattle rock at windrock in one day on the same tank of gas and who ever has pulled the least amount of cable and still has a nonbroke rig at the end is the winner ;D :****:

Didn't we try that? Well maybe it was over two days. Think you had issues that day and atomic ridge was wet so we couldn't complete it. Then we ran rail trail and rattle rock the second day. That was the only time I've been to windrock.... Need to come back.

Hale mountain is a badass place to play follow the leader and will definitely test your rig. How convienant that there will be a ride there in a couple weeks. :driving:

Re: Re: Baddest Trail Rig in the Southeast.

wizzo said:
That's the damn truth. He ain't skeerd to be hard on it either. I watched him climb crack head at GMP on 3 bald 44" TSL's (driver rear was flat). It was 2am, he started with air in all 4 but lost the rear, looked at us and said "let's see what she'll do on 3!". Climbed out the top. Had to be one of the most impressive climbs I've seen.
BigSam and his bald ass tires have hurt a lot of feelings. Then he went to stickies and took old yeller to a whole new playing field. I read this whole post and was wondering when someone would bring up BigSam.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Just my opinion,PJ of M&M has got the best looking buggy out there especially his 4 seater looks like good room for all the people and room for gear, tools etc. My favorite being the blue one he had 3-4 years ago, you can see all the thought and design that goes into it all and best of all it looks like a FJ or CJ when he's done not just tubing.

Jacksonwolf39 said:
Hale mountain is a badass place to play follow the leader and will definitely test your rig. How convienant that there will be a ride there in a couple weeks. :driving:
I wish I was going, I'm covering vacation for a guy that weekend. Hale is one if my favorite parks

Pumpkin said:
BigSam and his bald ass tires have hurt a lot of feelings. Then he went to stickies and took old yeller to a whole new playing field. I read this whole post and was wondering when someone would bring up BigSam.

I agree doubt there are many buggies that are as reliable as his and have the number of trail miles his has.

Here is a video of me trying to keep up with Sam until I bent a wheel on DW at Golden Mountain.
https://youtu.be/69IzJlNGRnk

No telling how many Johnson Valley miles it has from multiple trips to KOH.

jp fan said:
Just my opinion,PJ of M&M has got the best looking buggy out there especially his 4 seater looks like good room for all the people and room for gear, tools etc. My favorite being the blue one he had 3-4 years ago, you can see all the thought and design that goes into it all and best of all it looks like a FJ or CJ when he's done not just tubing.

exactly why I picked him to build mine. love the lines, the interior room, overall looks, etc.... mine was modeled after his blue triple threat chassis. I wheel the crap out of it and it works awesome. PJ is a hell of a builder.

There's no doubt that Big Sam is a helluva driver and has a going rig... Its definitely on up the list as one of the best going trail rigs!

Jsanders said:
There's no doubt that Big Sam is a helluva driver and has a going rig... Its definitely on up the list as one of the best going trail rigs!
With leaf springs and air shocks

jccarter1 said:
I will put mine up against anyone riding all day and not cutting it any slack
I second this. I'll put the grasshopper up against a beating all day too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me it's hard to beat Greg Norton's M&M buggy. I've (tried to) followed him all over the SE and that thing just plain works. Plus, he's a heck of a driver.

if leading you on a awesome ride, fixing your **** ,pulling you back to camp and cooking you a great meal is part of this comp sam will be hard to beat. mayhem is the toughest riding in the south.

rockwell 1 said:
Mayhem is the toughest riding in the south.

Bill McClister took Chuck and I there a couple years ago for a private ride, it was tough for sure. Hardest part was coming down so you could go back up IMO :driving:

Not to derail, but what happened to Mayhem? I went there for a race years ago and I just assumed they closed?