• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Bathroom runner/screwing around

The Luke

Alright, I don't have much more than an idea right now. So I'm open to suggestions. We saw some people bouncing around at aop on a golf cart to and from the bathrooms.. Which got me thinking how convenient it'd be to have a cheap little something for bathroom/food runs/parts run/screwing around. I have this idea in my head of building a go kart big enough for two adults and a cooler. With a t case in line and the front output cut off in order to have a 2wd "low range"...just because. Some kind of suspension. It also has to fit on the 4x6 spot in front of my Jeep on my trailer.

Here's what I have.

Honda 6.5hp horizontal shaft
207 case out of a Jeep Cherokee

.....I also have a chopper bicycle from Walmart that some kid stuck a predator 5hp motor on it. It's a death trap. So maybe a two seater trike with a chopper front end?

Don't tell me to buy a golf cart. I'd like to get creative, maybe a little Redneck.

Here's one I found on fb

fb9c577983450c1c98807f913cbce061.jpg
abbb404775bfe444524b1d9d42435f12.jpg
df2fb3ca9b194229d7b204fe472ea506.jpg
976ef621f19896d655a8ca58b4697799.jpg

I thought about that. I'm still trying to figure out how to build one to fit 6'4" me and little man. Removable cage, maybe?

That's what I was thinking. Pin on a cage & seat/harness module for kid size. Golf cart it for adults.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I built nearly the exact rig of which you speak a few years ago. I used an old dirt bike front end with a go-kart rear axle and some knobby rear tires with a Honda 5.5 engine andTorq-A-Verter clutch set-up. Old king and queen harley seat as well. It carried two adults and a big cooler around bike rallies with no problem. I'll have to dig up some pics of it.

Ah yea! I knew somebody had some kinda shenanigans like this under their belt.

Bingo!

Funny thing is, if you slapped some smaller tires wrapped in pvc on the rear, it'd be a pretty sweet drift trike

I'm sure I'm over complicating. But I still like the idea of a high and low option. Maybe a stock Sami case and rear end?

It's cool to day dream, but wouldn't a stock Sami on 30s do the same thing? You also don't really lose money on those things so long as you don't destroy them.

Ummm it needs to be fast enough to make Rachel yell at us for doing something stupid but not look gay when we are both on it.

Markrobinson said:
It's cool to day dream, but wouldn't a stock Sami on 30s do the same thing? You also don't really lose money on those things so long as you don't destroy them.

i like where you're heads at. But trailer space/weight is the issue there.

jeeptj99 said:
Ummm it needs to be fast enough to make Rachel yell at us for doing something stupid but not look gay when we are both on it.
i said 6.5 hp. Not 65 hp.

Game on. Get to building. Anybody else want in on the bathroom runner races?