• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Beadlock recommendations

xjmarc

Wannabe Bouncer
Looking for recommendations for weld ons for a 17" wheel. While I'd love aluminum I'm poor and get to weld up some on wheels I already have. Been looking at TMI and they seem pretty cheap, 75 bucks shipping will hurt a little but they're heavy. So who's running what?

Make sure you go with 1/4 thick inner an outer with a 3/4 flat bar anti coning ring.. the 3/16 bend or bow easily. Goodluck

Just did another set of TMI beadlocks last week and I really dig them. The anti coning feature they have works well. I run 3/16 on the inner and 1/4 outer and haven't had any issues. Been launch into rocks without care many times.

I went with TMI. I went them because of the anti-coning lip. 1/4" outer ring is a must. I would recommend going with a 1/4" inner too, if you over tighten the bolts, or don't tighten evenly, with the 3/16" it will bend. I did that on the first one I mounted but took my time on the other wheels and they turned out ok.
20200422_190920.jpg

Even though that plate is bent a little, I don't have any problems with that wheel.
All that considered, I'm very happy with them.
20200102_091004.jpg

Latest posts