• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Bear wallow Hatfield and McCoy

HMT has agreed to lend us a chainsaw operator for the day so my plan is to get 3 more trails open this Friday. Then if all goes well the 2 groups on Saturday can knock the green off the new trails and get some pics and video's up for you guys. Anyone that wants to drag over and help is more than welcome, like Canepari mentioned earlier.... it should be interesting.... and don't forget your winch controller. thumb.gif

Anyone pulling a trailer should stay on Business 17 when going through Logan due to a low railroad overpass. When you pass Advance Auto on the right start looking for H&R Block on the left, your turn is just past H&R Block. I'll post up some pics and directions when I'm home on Thursday but just keep in mind do not try and squeeze under the railroad overpass when turning left onto 17.

The address is:
247 Bearwallow Dr Ethel, WV 25076

Well I gotta say we appreciate every set of tires we can get, our goal Saturday is:

Open Trail XX (Shaft): This trail is not on the map yet and may take us all day. It's long and it's tough with big rocks and multiple big climbs.
Open Trail XX (not named): This trail is also not on the map yet and is very close to the trail head. It starts with a huge bolder on the right side of a right turn kinda like Butchers Block and a Slide that is taller than Cable in IVY.
Open Trail 87 (Double Barrel): This trail is on the map but after 20 minutes of beating and darkness looming I only made it about 100 yards so I backed out to try another day.

For those who wheeled IVY Branch I'll give you a quick comparison. I ran everything in IVY with the exception of Lower J. Of all those trails I only had to winch once and it was on the last ledge of KB. My first ride in Bearwallow I was on the winch so much I melted my hot wire to the alternator. It was an awesome day. thumb.gif

Re:

Kinda regretting that I planned to go to Windrock this weekend. I've gone to Ivy this weekend for the past 6 years until this year. April 17th was my buddy Jake's birthday and that's just what we did for his birthday. He's the reason I got into rock crawling and we lost him a few years ago. Kept going to Ivy every year after he passed. With what was going on with Ivy and not knowing what would happen with BW we made other plans earlier this year. Sounds like next year I'll be able to go back down there again for his birthday ride.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

We just got to Chief Logan State Park. Jerry said they cleared a couple more trails today. I believe we're going put tires on Shaft, Rock and Double Barrel tomorrow.

A big thanks to all of these guys for helping open Shaft and Double Barrel today. It took about 4 hours to get through both sections of Shaft with only 1 guy taking the winch.,,,,,, It was an excellent day in the woods. thumb.gif

1_zpsfgcacijp.jpg

I had a good time today. Glad we came down. Once the trails that we ran today get a good rain or two and wash the rest of the loose dirt off they will be great. Looking forward to heading back down.

Had an awesome time at BW yesterday , always good times breaking new trails , this place has a lot of potential , I'll definitely b back