• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Bear wallow Hatfield and McCoy

Yeah we will be there weekend of sept 30- oct 1st I got a few other who wanna go witn us so we should have a good capable group

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Re: Bear wallow Hatfield and McCoy

jbain8 said:
Well I really appreciate it guys, that's my Birthday weekend so I'm putting it on my calendar.
My birthday is the 3rd and I think there's a couple other close bdays in the group. Birthdays have also caused several people to miss this ride. Last year 2 people backed out because of having kids at the time and this year another buddy is gonna miss it.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Welcome to the dark side jbain8 :woot:
My bday ride too. Sept. 24th
After dark beware of Nick Lacey and zjman if they happen to be hoarding the mason jars.... :drinkers:

I need to get my pile fixed or I am going to miss this whole season :'(

Looks like BW is gonna be a hell of good place to wheel. I'll try to make it up there probably next year. Need to make some shake down trips close to house this year on my junk so I don't hafta fight the truck the whole time and can just fight the rocks. lol

jbain8 said:
This should give me enough time to get some new trails open, I'll also start looking for some "Hill Killing" locations...... however, it's Southern WV so about everywhere you look is a good location.
What's the next trails your planing on opening? I know you've been eyeballing a rocky steep climb on our way out.

Re: Re: Bear wallow Hatfield and McCoy

onepieceatatime said:
Hit me up when your ready man. Would love to ride with you guys again!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Glad to hear that. We had a great time wheeling with you in Tennessee. We would definitely would like that.
Right now we can not go during tax season.
Other than that what time of year next year would be good for you guys?

canepari said:
What's the next trails your planing on opening? I know you've been eyeballing a rocky steep climb on our way out.

SCREAMN56 also noticed that steep rocky hill climb and sent me the info on it. What's nice about that section is Trail 93 is right above it so other than brush it can probably be opened since it requires no exit. It kinda reminds you of Crawlfords Cry but steeper. I also want to get Upper "Long Crawl" open which will add and additional mile to the existing 1.5 miles that are already open. If I can't get HMT to pony up a crew for the 24th I'll likely just hit the northern part of the park and do some exploring.

my toys said:
Welcome to the dark side jbain8 :woot:
My bday ride too. Sept. 24th
After dark beware of Nick Lacey and zjman if they happen to be hoarding the mason jars.... :drinkers:

I need to get my pile fixed or I am going to miss this whole season :'(

Can't wait Ben!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only thing about 93 is that it's narrow. We tried to run it from the bottom but couldn't fit between the trees. :****:

Was in BW over the weekend with a big group that wanted to run "Long Crawl". However, a couple of us decided to open "Slide" on our way (The first pic is the virgin entrance). Only made it about 100 feet when Allen Youther in his Toyota Truggy got a little zealous with the skinny pedal and stripped a front 60 R&P. By the time we dragged him out in reverse and got him back on the trailer we bailed on what we are now calling "Allens Agony" and headed over to Long Crawl to meet up with the group. So this trail still needs opened.

IMG_20160625_101646337_zpskl8qrewu.jpg

IMG_20160625_102736471_zpsbxhr8i3j.jpg

IMG_20160625_103519864_zpsh5qzem5d.jpg

IMG_20160625_103726300_zpslxsqdcxp.jpg

IMG_20160625_105625136_zpsqmj6fw3l.jpg

Had a meeting with Jeff Lusk (Executive Director of HMT) on Friday and he wanted me to know that Hatfield and McCoy is "All In" with support of the Full Size Community. He informed me that the Bearwallow Lease is almost 45 Thousand Acres overall and he would like BW to eventually be 5 full days of riding. So I spent Friday afternoon scouting and was able to add 3 Trails to the short list. Nice thing is all 3 entrances are within a mile of the trailhead.

The Rock: We scouted this trail last fall but it had no exit, Friday I found a nice flat "Haul Road" exit. This is steep littered with big rocks so it will be for extreme rigs only.

1_zpswevock2a.jpg

10_zpsed1rrius.jpg

Purgatory: This is gonna be a real tough trail that will remind you of the last climb of Shaft but a mile long. The pics below is the last ledge before it levels out, ignore the guy in the pic he's only there for reference of how high the ledge is.

Perg_zpsocogd1nh.jpg

Perg1_zpsbyokn330.jpg

Wishful Thinking: After walking Purgatory to where it exited at 32 and decided I'd scout the next Ravine over on my way back to the Jeep. I'm calling this trail Wishful Thinking because there will likely be very few rigs on the planet that will ever make this climb. The first half mile is really mean, however the last 150 yards is all solid rock slide with a ledge at the top (first pic). It's as Steep as Pony Hill at Harlan (pics don't do the elevation change justice) but much longer, so long in fact I had to take 2 pics to cover the entire distance.

WT_zpsae1sf5vt.jpg

WT1_zpsdxthrpcl.jpg

Looks awesome, hope to see it in person around end of july. Good work jerry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We came down and ran Bear Wallow last Monday. Had a great time. Did all the named trails but slide. Broke a lockout on Pickle.

The only advice I have is to mark the full size trails a little better at the entrances. We didn't run slide because right at the turn down the creek, there are a couple of "Not a Trail" signs. Later in the day, we noticed them at the entrance of a few other full size trails. Up our way, that means the trail is closed so keep the heck out. Just a suggestion, maybe pull those out or change them to "OHV only" or something. We really enjoyed the trails and will come back.

And those new trails look sick. Definitely huge potential at this park.

Latest posts