• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Bear wallow Hatfield and McCoy

In the Spring Bearwallow will change from Bearwallow Trail System to Bearwallow Off Road Park. I met with HMT a few months back to finalize plans to have 3-4 days of wheeling open to the public before the Grand Opening on or near Memorial Day 2017. I spent the past couple days working with HMT's Surveyor getting new trails mapped and ready for approval by the landowner. Attached you'll see the 12 new trails that are being added which more than doubles the current number of OHV trails in the park.

Map_zpsxnvqv06t.jpg

Bearwallow currently have about 5 with 8 more coming online in the next few months. I've helped HMT with all the trail scouting and mapping but I have no affiliation with the park, here is a list.

1. Shaft
2. Gatekeeper
3. The Rock
4. Wishful Thinking
5. Pinion
6. Pickle
7. Double Barrel
8. Hellion
9. Pergatory
10. Crawlfish
11. The Wall
12. Upper Long Crawl
13. Lower Watershed
14. Upper watershed.

Here is a pic of a section of trail just below Lower Watershed. HMT will have to do some considerable dozer work to even get to this section but it's pretty crazy looking. It's 80-100 feet of almost vertical sandstone slide that I don't think can be done but hey it would be fun to try.

waterfall_zpsww61qq5d.jpg

A few guys I ride with went down around thanksgiving and was pretty impressed, said it reminded em of Harlan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a ride to bear wallow after Easter, is there an up date on the new trails.This will be our first time ride Bear wallow.
Is there a local that maybe willing to meet up and show us around if it helps we will have an open seat for them. Thanks

All the new trails have been approved by the Landowner and the environmental studies have been completed. The crew started clearing and opening the new trails a 2 weeks ago and should be finished by the end of the month. I have a bootleg copy of the new map so I'll get that posted up in the next couple days. Also the Grand Opening Ceremony will be Friday May 26th at 11:00 am if anyone would like to come out for free Hot Dogs and Trail Pizza.

Anything new on the map or the trails at bearwallow headed there this weekend any info would be nice never been there Thanks

Thanks Mike, sorry for the delay. Here is a bootleg copy of the Bearwallow Trail System, however make sure the trail is open before attempting it. HMT is diligently working to get all the brush and deadfalls cleared but all the trails are not scheduled to be open until Late May.

BEARWALLOW%20FINAL_zps6yvbyrbo.png

Bringing this back....myself and a few friends are looking to possibly plan a trip to Bearwallow next month. Whats been everyones experiences? Worth a 4.5hr trip? Hows camping, shitters and showers?

Trails hardly been ran. A lot of brush on trails we cut out Labor Day weekend. The three hardest we didn't attempt but did the rest. I love this place. Wish more people went to keep the brush down and the trail system keep the trees out of trails. I would go back.

Camping is ok( not windrock for sure) but still nice. We stayed at Bearwallow campground which is right at entrance. Cabins are ok too. But not super nice by any means.

Awesome place to ride....plenty of challenging obstacles for several days of wheeling. I was down there over Labor Day weekend and stayed at Bearwallow Campground @ Trailhead.

I would highly recommend for someone looking for a new spot to wheel.

Latest posts