• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

beer at windrock?

ldwoodruff

been wheeling up there for years. went up there last week and they got barney fife sitting at the entrance checking coolers for beer. and he is a total ****!! wondering if anyone else had run ins with this prick?

We were just there two wks ago with no such issues. I doubt there would be a problem if people weren't throwing them on the ground. I see this dumbass behavior at too many places. PLEASE PEOPLE, pick up after yourself! You wouldn't throw cans in your yard,....well maybe some would ::) Such idiots ruin good things for good, responsible people :flipgotcha: If anyone atv/sxs riders read this, yes, it includes you as well.

ldwoodruff said:
o yeah I agree if people would take there trash out prob wouldn't be such a prob. but can they legally search your vehicle?

Even if not, they can legally ask you to leave the park if you don't let them.

ldwoodruff said:
o yeah I agree if people would take there trash out prob wouldn't be such a prob. but can they legally search your vehicle?

You're entering a privately owned piece of property, of which the rules specifically state no alcohol.

They have the right to deny entry to anyone and everyone.

If you deny them the access to search your cooler/vehicle, then they can deny you access on that fact alone.

Re: Re: beer at windrock?

Also to note...."they" watch/creepyguy stalk public message forums.... jus like this one.

As said above...if there wasnt crap on every trail this wouldn't be happening.

I can also assure you that C.E. guy (younger guy in the Xterra), the older gentleman on the large 4wheeler and the shorter guy usually in all black are extremely nice people. They're jus people being told to do thier job. I always see them snd say or wave hi when I'm there.

Jus like a cop giving you a ticket in the rain. ...do you reaaaaaaally think he wants to stand in the rain and give you a ticket for 10 over ïn a 35? Hes jus doin his job...otherwise he gets bitched at jus like any other job.

They'll never 100% stop beer in the park. Minimal craftyness you could get as much as you want in there though. However...if you're stupid enough to throw it on the ground chances are you're not that smart to sneak it in anyways. ;D

Another note....this isnt a jeep/buggy issue. I ride alota trails there monthly and i see the same amount....if not MORE trash on the 4wheeler/sxs trails.

So everyone needs to pull thier own weight. No Obama handouts on this! 8)

One last soapbox note....all creeks should have signs posted that say PLEASE STAY OUT OF THE CREEK.

Normally in red...some are white.

You think..."how would they know we were in the creek?"

A thing called YouTube, thats how. Be aware they can video/date search jus as easy as you can.

Sadly there is a vid on there this week of a 4runner all up in T16's creek. :'( I know theres a sign there too....unless its been torn down.

Park in parking lot.

Unload.

Ride up the road 1/4 mile to Trail 2 and enter.

I'll admit, I've done this many, many times when taking my family up there to ride. I can't see paying $60 to ride around for a couple of hours. I've always bought the yearly pass for myself and also made anyone riding with me get a pass when we went wheeling but for a family outing when we were just cruising around on the easy trails, Trail 2 was always my entrance.

bradzuki said:
Park in parking lot.

Unload.

Ride up the road 1/4 mile to Trail 2 and enter.

I'll admit, I've done this many, many times when taking my family up there to ride. I can't see paying $60 to ride around for a couple of hours. I've always bought the yearly pass for myself and also made anyone riding with me get a pass when we went wheeling but for a family outing when we were just cruising around on the easy trails, Trail 2 was always my entrance.

And you think they dont know that? They set up there to check permits too.

Yes. I know they have checked there before. I've also pulled right up to them and asked if we could squeak by after showing my yearly pass. 2 kids in car seats hollering "Gas it" usually gets a chuckle and a wave. These were usually Sunday afternoon rides just to get out of the house for a few minutes. I only live 7 miles from the park and can take back roads the whole way there. I also haven't had a wheeling rig for a couple of years so all of this is old news.

It always made me wonder how many entrances there were when we were up around the windmills and would pass a Buick or Caravan with 47 blue hairs in it

tonybolton said:
Also to note...."they" watch/creepyguy stalk public message forums.... jus like this one.

As said above...if there wasnt crap on every trail this wouldn't be happening.

I can also assure you that C.E. guy (younger guy in the Xterra), the older gentleman on the large 4wheeler and the shorter guy usually in all black are extremely nice people. They're jus people being told to do thier job. I always see them snd say or wave hi when I'm there.

Jus like a cop giving you a ticket in the rain. ...do you reaaaaaaally think he wants to stand in the rain and give you a ticket for 10 over ïn a 35? Hes jus doin his job...otherwise he gets bitched at jus like any other job.

They'll never 100% stop beer in the park. Minimal craftyness you could get as much as you want in there though. However...if you're stupid enough to throw it on the ground chances are you're not that smart to sneak it in anyways. ;D

I'm sure if they were being dicks about it, they just came from trail 15, walking it with a sharp stick and a trash bag. I did a 12 hour cigarette butt police call when I was in Army basic training and swore if I seen a guy flick a butt I was going to flatten his/her nose. Same idea.

I was up there Saturday... I am not sure what has caused the crack down on the adult beverages, other than its the first of the year and they are trying to set the standard. The permit says no Alchohol so .......???

They few dumbasses I seen getting kicked out admitted to throwing there cans out. They were also 3 dudes deep in a 2 seater RZR (Guess thats why there called gayZRs).

On a side note the litter is a major problem at Windrock and has been for a while. There is an event planned for Saturday March 29, 2014 to clean up. Its a shame it takes an organized effort to clean up behind douch bags that are too lazy to carry a garbage bag.

Here is the link for the details.
http://www.knoxoffroad.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=5683

As long as They dont check cigarette packs i'd be fine. :spin: im pretty sure that throwing trash out is the reason we have nowhere around here to ride. when I was younger we could ride any of the power lines and gas lines.. Now, load up and head to Alabama because if you get caught wheelin around here tha pigs will be waitin on ya at your truck. Such a dam shame.

yeah I understand the litter prob and its pretty dam sad people cant carry there trash out. but I have had a couple run ins with barney fife in the xterra that use to drive the hummer, not doing anything wrong just him showing off his little **** and big badge!! I understand he has to deal with a lot of idiots but he don't have to be a total **** to everyone

Well...all I know is that i've made some stupid decisions in the past and he went above and beyond to help me out. Very grateful for him and the older gentleman.