• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

BEER is GOOD

At the Brewery having a Delicious IPA. Come take a tour and have a brew.
7aa953925421cfc9f4e9b698f37aae45.jpg

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Re:

I'd like to get down to Mason's bar, Twisted Barley in Jasper one day. 2 hour drive, may make a bike trip out of it one day.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Re: Re:

TacomaJD said:
I'd like to get down to Mason's bar, Twisted Barley in Jasper one day. 2 hour drive, may make a bike trip out of it one day.

Ha, just realized it ain't open yet.

Built a couple 6 packs today, comprised mostly of new stuff.

The Rogue Dead Guy Ale is one that I haven't had in a while. Had to break out my Dead Guy Ale pint glass that my best friend brought me straight from the Rogue Brewery while vacationing in Oregon 4 or 5 years ago.
5839fcc94b67a1454c1963698ee323d1.jpg
ef5787bbee7d37390a6ba3553a1e1417.jpg
2dde54aa00ba4c8cb423a193945343b7.jpg

Re:

TacomaJD said:
Green Man, Wicked Weed, Highland....did you visit Asheville recently? Lol. I am ready to give that city another visit. Me and two buddies went a few years ago and had a blast.

We used to live there, and yeah drove through there two weeks ago... Hopefully we're moving back in the spring! Picked up some Burial beer too!!!

matth_85 said:
How was the double cream stout?
I was a fan! Very good, as expected from Bell's. Very smooth and chocolatey.

Only Bell's brew that I have not liked was their cherry stout. At first sip, I was like damn this is terrible, but I usually finish even the terrible beers. I made it to maybe 3 or 4 swigs before pouring it out. Worst ****ing beer of the nearly 700 different ones I have had, hands down.

Pharmguy75 said:
We used to live there, and yeah drove through there two weeks ago... Hopefully we're moving back in the spring! Picked up some Burial beer too!!!
I think I bought around $80 worth of beer from Bruising Ales to carry home before we left. I really enjoyed the city. Would like to see more of the place though instead of barhopping the whole time. Would like to tour some breweries, visit Biltmore, etc.

Here is the rest of my recent stash. Sipping on the Victory Sour Monkey now as first beer of the day. A 9.5% sour beer will certainly excite the ole tastebuds. Solid sour though, finishes very good to be 9.5% abv.

The Dogfish Head Flesh and Blood - blood orange IPA is delicious, I have had it before. I love Dogfish Head beers.

Also excited to try the Back Forty Beer Co PBP, brewed about an hour from me. Seen others drink it, but never found it in store 'til yesterday. I believe it is the old Beer Engineers Peanut Butter Porter recipe, but I could be wrong. 10.5% abv.
9cea76cb0309e5c9067df54ebeca4ac3.jpg
8bc01650f8fe1e459e2ba9b3ffceb484.jpg
e5b2806a28fae1893473873cc3fb18cf.jpg
7916a678cbf450bfe4ed56168fea2c7a.jpg
503c8c7e2247a8284520a426d901aa52.jpg

Re: Re: BEER is GOOD

1tonrenegade said:
That PBP sounds good I've had some home brew that was a stout
This one is delicious! Only 6.5% and tastes like yer drankin' a Reese's Cup. Didn't expect it to be so good coming from Horny Goat. Had some of their other beers and felt them to be no more than mediocre.

0acba8bcfc85a13b36b635e69d622e09.jpg

If you're into sours, Westbrook IMO has one of the best on the market. Their Gose is the ****. Also, I had something which I don't remember who the brewery was (stupid silly sour) which was also really good.

I love a good peanut butter porter, sweet baby jesus is good stuff on tap. I'm sure you've had that already. Most beers aren't as good in a bottle to me. Canned craft beer seems to taste closer to the on tap beer IMO.

matth_85 said:
If you're into sours, Westbrook IMO has one of the best on the market. Their Gose is the ****. Also, I had something which I don't remember who the brewery was (stupid silly sour) which was also really good.

I love a good peanut butter porter, sweet baby jesus is good stuff on tap. I'm sure you've had that already. Most beers aren't as good in a bottle to me. Canned craft beer seems to taste closer to the on tap beer IMO.
Well, I am acquiring more of a taste for sours, so my opinion may have been flawed early on when I drank it, but that Evil Twin Nomader Weisse was the sourest mf'r I have drank. It was to the point of unenjoyable. But a well balanced reasonably tart sour, I can dig now. That Sour Monkey got much more sour the more I drank of it, but it was still good.

I have had several Westbrook beers, but not the Gose. Will grab it when I see it next for sure.

And I have not, nor heard of, the sweet baby jesus you speak of. Will have to look it up.

Re:

Also, I tend to agree with your can vs bottle theory. Maybe it's because no sunlight has reached it since packaged.

Random thought, I hate like **** when I open a beer infected with Brettanomyces and spews all over the damn place. I usually open the bottle, turn around to get a new glass out, turn back around and the **** is running off the counter into the floor. Pisses me off. Lol

Re:

TacomaJD said:
Also, I tend to agree with your can vs bottle theory. Maybe it's because no sunlight has reached it since packaged.

Random thought, I hate like **** when I open a beer infected with Brettanomyces and spews all over the damn place. I usually open the bottle, turn around to get a new glass out, turn back around and the **** is running off the counter into the floor. Pisses me off. Lol

I got a whole 6 pack of BBC Nut Brown Ale that did that. Solid foam as soon as you popped the cap.

TBItoy said:
I got a whole 6 pack of BBC Nut Brown Ale that did that. Solid foam as soon as you popped the cap.
Big black cock nut brown ale, eh? Sounds like BugEJ's type of drank. Haha

TacomaJD said:
Well, I am acquiring more of a taste for sours, so my opinion may have been flawed early on when I drank it, but that Evil Twin Nomader Weisse was the sourest mf'r I have drank. It was to the point of unenjoyable. But a well balanced reasonably tart sour, I can dig now. That Sour Monkey got much more sour the more I drank of it, but it was still good.

I have had several Westbrook beers, but not the Gose. Will grab it when I see it next for sure.

And I have not, nor heard of, the sweet baby jesus you speak of. Will have to look it up.

Be sure to get the Porter, not the imperial porter. It's made by Duclaw. I think they call the imperial porter something different though..

TacomaJD said:
Big black cock nut brown ale, eh? Sounds like BugEJ's type of drank. Haha

I'd expect you to take a cool thread about beer (that you started nonetheless) and make it about cocks. :flipgotcha:

Bluegrass Brewing Company ya turd.

bbcsign.jpg

Re:

TacomaJD said:

Brewery! Not a bar! Our estimated date is Aug 19, c'mon!

race_jeep said:
Brewery! Not a bar! Our estimated date is Aug 19, c'mon!
Place where you go pay money to drink beer, same thing. Haha. I will definitely get down and check y'all out one day after you guys are up and running!