• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

bending header tubing

collinmaune

What is the thinnest wall tubing you can bend in a jd model 32? I know Jimmy Smith builds and bends his own headers just curious what thickness of wall he uses

If you need to bend thin tube and you are having trouble with kinks try this method. FIRST tape up one end very good then fill tube with water then fill with sand it will displace the water when it is full try to ping it with something until you don't have any more water rising up it will take a little bit of work but once it is just sand tape the end andd stick in bender should do whatever you need it to do. Then when done bending shake out the sand

I have the builders Kit from Speed way i was just curious in case i needed more tubing in a few odd spots that weren't a standard 4, 90 or etc.

You might can tweak some smaller thin wall tube but a 45 degree bend prolly won't work out too good. I've bent some 2" thin stuff just a little, but you can tell it would deform it pretry bad. Madrel bends cut and re-welded to fit is the best option imo

Latest posts