• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Best CB Radio for the money

caglezxj

Just wondering what brand CB is the best bang for the buck. I haven't had too much luck with installing them. They are always noisy and yes I had a good ground. And I had noise filters, etc. I was thinking about just taking my rig down to Dodge City to the CB Shop. I don't know if they install but will find out Monday. So let me know what you guys use and what brand is best to go with. Is there any place around Huntsville that can do the install right and have good knowledge of CB's?

John Galbreath Jr. said:
Have Dodge City tune it up for you, they will boost the output upon request. IMO Galaxy is the best.

Do they have certain models of the Galaxy. I was hoping someone had used Dodge City before. Anyone certain to speak with there?

I've used them before...old guy that works there will talk to you all day about whats best for your vehicle and application. Young guy there will do the installs for ya...didn't like him as much, but the old man's good to talk with, and last I talked to him, he was going to cater more to the offroad crowd since the park was going to opening up there. The lady there was not much help...

caglezxj said:
Do they have certain models of the Galaxy. I was hoping someone had used Dodge City before. Anyone certain to speak with there?

Yes, they have them all. I don't remember my model number, but they helped me pick it out. I got the reger beep and echo built in to my model. I did not get the frequency meter, cause I figured it would not last to the abuse.

And remember, ask for them to tune it up.

josh if you want i have a tuner and can tune your cb for you. there is an electronics store here in hville that i get all my cb stuff from. but lately i have been ordering some stuff online.
ill even help you install it. my dad has taught me well with his electrical engineering ways....

xjkrawler said:
josh if you want i have a tuner and can tune your cb for you. there is an electronics store here in hville that i get all my cb stuff from. but lately i have been ordering some stuff online.
ill even help you install it. my dad has taught me well with his electrical engineering ways....

Hey man I appreciate it. I do electronic & electrical maintenance for a living. The only problem I have is the noise. I always pick up electric fan noise and fuel pump noise. I have a meter I purchased for my last one. As long as the jeep was turned off or at least the electric fan then it was great. I think it really depends on what brand you have. At this point I had rather take it to a known cb shop and drop a dime on it. That way I know it will be clear while everything is on. What is the place in Huntsville you buy CB stuff from? I had the Cobra brand with the CB built into the mic. Thought it would be the best for offroad, but I believe that was a lot of my issues. And what John G is talking about getting it tuned is they can boost it up from factory spec. There is some info on the net on what to purchase from radio shack to get more out of your cb. But I can't see hacking on a new cb myself. I will probably go with the galaxy as I have heard time and time again how good they are. Again thanks for the offer on helping me install. If you need any help with anything just let me know.

the place i go in hville is an old electronics store by the name of Mock electronics. they are on the parkway between governors and bob Wallace next to the office depot.

no prob ill let ya know... may wanna bring my junk over to have some tube bent up but thats in the future...

xjkrawler said:
the place i go in hville is an old electronics store by the name of Mock electronics. they are on the parkway between governors and bob Wallace next to the office depot.

no prob ill let ya know... may wanna bring my junk over to have some tube bent up but thats in the future...

Yeah man no trouble just let me know when. I am always looking for electronic stuff and radio shack never has what I need. I normally order off line. I will check them out for my future needs.