• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Best d44 ball joints

whiskeymakin

Lets hear the opinions?

I havnt seen anything good on moog...

Spicer maybe?

Anything im missing as far as eliminators yet?

What style 44? I think your running old school waggy stuff? There's plenty of options for the newer style 44, not a whole lot out there for the older stuff. I run the spicer ones in both axles, havent had one give out on me yet. Only had 1 lower that gave me problems, but that was a 30 year old stock balljoint and it took breaking a ujoint and the ears passing each other to start acting funky.

I gave up and dont worry about them until they get reallly bad or I break a RCV. I mean they have to be almost falling out for me to take the RCV out. I got MOOG because of warranty.

I run Dynatrac they are rebuildable.
Expensive but I haven't had one fail in over 3 years.

I saw Nick Barna from Balljoint Eliminators post just the other day that he was working on D44 stuff, he was just waiting on some new tooling to come in.

What style 44? I think your running old school waggy stuff? There's plenty of options for the newer style 44, not a whole lot out there for the older stuff. I run the spicer ones in both axles, havent had one give out on me yet. Only had 1 lower that gave me problems, but that was a 30 year old stock balljoint and it took breaking a ujoint and the ears passing each other to start acting funky.
I didnt think about the differences in the d44s thru the years.
So a 79ish waggy dana 44 is different than a later model 44....balljoint wise?
Im not too fond of them

I think the Synergy stuff bout as good as you're gonna get for D30/44 stuff. I used to run the MOOG Gold or whatever top level they had at the time but after about 6-10 months they'd get pretty worn. This was on a full body XJ, exocage and 37's.

Isn't the Synergy joints the ones with the raised lines in the joint to get more "bite" once installed in the knuckle?
If so, I would stay away from them, they can ruin the ball joint seat.

To clarify on my earlier post. IMO, it's best to stay away from any aftermarket balljoint that utilizes a knurled finish. Smooth finish balljoints are usually best, as they preserve the factory bore.

On another note, if you are eating up balljoints consistently on a 44, it's likely that even the ~$600 Dyantrac balljoints are not going to help. Eventually it's time to re-evaluate the problem and that usually starts to look like...tons.

Last edited:
Bj Eliminators it is. So far they are fitting up nicely.

Attachments

• 20200224_063220.jpg
    20200224_063220.jpg
    1,024 KB · Views: 201
Last edited: