• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Best place to buy a 5.3

zayne2427

There's only one way to find out
Bought a buggy and the 5.3 engine isn't running well. Has bad lifter noise and after you shut it off an try and restart it, it backfires. Don't fell like messing with it right now so i planned to replace it with another good running low mileage engine and either setting this one back and start building it or just sell it and recoup a little of my money.
I have called Rickey Childers and he doesn't have 1, called several yards close to here and several shops and only found 1 with 200k miles. i have 1 yard that has multiple engine but they are always high on everything they sell.
Anyone have a good reliable source for 5.3's? Prefer somewhere that will at least guarantee the engine for 60-90 days to make sure it runs well.

Not sure where you are but Jimmy Penner at EOR has pretty good deals on 5.3 or 6.0. Had him build me one and I'm over pleased pretty bad ass lil engine.

Where are you located? I have a guy here in East Tennessee I can get 5.3 and 6.0 motors complete with harness for 650-850 all day long.

I'll gladly give it to you. You just have to call and see what he has that week. He doesn't keep anything long. I bought my L33 from him for 850 with 79k on it. Pm me and I'll give you his number. He is in dandridge tn.

****'ll bite u in the ass in the long run. Just my opinion. It's kinda like not giving back the extra money when someone gives you too much back in change. It will ultimately cost you double or more. Karma is only a bitch if your a bitch to her.