• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Best place to get W.E. wheels

GStone

After reading lots of problems with vendors I'm sorta gun shy about ordering wheels. Anyone know a reliable source to order a set of Walker Evans from?

Is there a problem ordering directly from W.E.? I have ordered direct for parts and have them in 3 days, prolly 4 for you Greg cause youa re East coast.

GStone said:
After reading lots of problems with vendors I'm sorta gun shy about ordering wheels. Anyone know a reliable source to order a set of Walker Evans from?

5 lug right?

I have one 5 lug and a Sticky Creepy I need to sell....

I got mine from Polyperformance when I ordered them. I always get good service from them.

293279118_Xqe5P-S.jpg

$600...I can get it to Jellico this weekend if you can find it a ride back to your neck of the woods from there.

Not Shaeffer's! Ordering directly from WE equals lots of damn money. Dave at Nortridge would be who I used if I were to try again.

So greg how many different sets of wheels have you had?
Anyones you wouldn't recommend? Just curious because I am getting ready to order wheels.

Cole said:
Anyones you wouldn't recommend? Just curious because I am getting ready to order wheels.

good question..... good feedback requested thumb.gif :flipoff1:

ive heard alot of people say the WE's are HEAVY but that would lead me to believe they are durable ... weight = mass = strength being my thoughts

I have been happy with my TR HD Cast Wheels. They have taken a beating and are lighter than some of the others.

BamaTJ said:
I have been happy with my TR HD Cast Wheels. They have taken a beating and are lighter than some of the others.

As of right now those are the ones I will be getting, unless I change my mind. All I know is I am going to punish whatever I decide to get.

I had mine in one week, hard to beat that. Mike might be able to help you with them. Walkers are good quality but take a month to make and ship

promises promises.... we all know you drive like a blue hair on the way to sundays gospel

:flipoff1:

(Im one to talk, hell mine would turn tires hard enough to move out of its own way... laughing1 )

Cole said:
The TR's are nice, but after breaking several of their 1st gen wheels and them sorta saying "tough ****". I just couldn't give them any more money. I had two sets of steel Allieds and they worked great until they just aren't straight anymore. I then picked up a set of steel MRWs that I bent one pretty good this past weekend at the Uwahhire cross, but it was a bad hit. I figured I'd try the WE's out of just not hearing about too many that have broken and they seem to be proven.

My only problem with beadlocks is it seems that all of them leak at low pressure. I have to run 8+ in my TR to keep um from leaking, and I still burp air at times. I have never bent or broke a wheel pass the point of no return. My TR have some bends in them, but not enough to make um un wheelable.
Greg, I think your problem is that your buggy weighs to much. :flipoff1:maybe you should lighten it up.

I had this same problem, I added black silicone to the inner beads when I mounted the new TR's. Problem solved

kid rok said:
My only problem with beadlocks is it seems that all of them leak at low pressure. I have to run 8+ in my TR to keep um from leaking, and I still burp air at times. I have never bent or broke a wheel pass the point of no return. My TR have some bends in them, but not enough to make um un wheelable.
Greg, I think your problem is that your buggy weighs to much. :flipoff1:maybe you should lighten it up.

those stazworks double beadlocks would be a solution to that :drinkers: