• 42 trep

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • 43 sx

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • 43 Baja pro x

Votes: 4 7.5%

• Total voters

Truckguy2000

Trying to figure out best sticky tire for my jeep. I ride all over TX, OK, and AR. My jeep is on locked one tons with rcv's up front,ori's, atlas t case, and stock 4.0. I would fall more into the technical crawler category, but will use throttle to clear a ledge. Yes I've searched, yes I've read through the older posts, but most everything I found was about tube buggies and rock bouncers. My post count is low, because I couldn't get into my old account and honestly haven't been on the forum in few years. Please be gentle, I know some will feel this is beating a dead horse. I'm just trying to make best purchase I can, as it's a lot of money. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2247.JPG
    IMG_2247.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 156
Your set up imo , treps all day. If you are real rough on your stuff or see good amount off mud id say sx's . I've run both. Miss my treps for crawling but love my sx's for hardcore abuse. Either way you will be happy. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

cbrjeeper said:
Your set up imo , treps all day. If you are real rough on your stuff or see good amount off mud id say sx's . I've run both. Miss my treps for crawling but love my sx's for hardcore abuse. Either way you will be happy. Good luck.

Definitely a hard decision, I can actually get 42 treps a little cheaper at 650 a tire vs sx and Baja pro x are 690 a tire.

Eddyj said:
What size is on it now?
You do a lot of mud?

42 iroks, they measure around 40. I don't go looking for mud and will try drive around mud holes as I can. But sometimes you have go through a little, but definitely don't go mud bogging by any means.

For a rig that's serious like yours the only two options have always been reds or SX. However the stickie mickies look like a good choice

Eddyj said:
For a rig that's serious like yours the only two options have always been reds or SX. However the stickie mickies look like a good choice

Scott Goforth was trying get me to run the new Mickeys. There just isn't any reviews out there on them, and there ugly lol. They weight same as a trep 42 which is nice, there pretty wide, that worries me a little. Only folks I found running them are full blown high hp hill killing buggies. Wish I could run across someone in full bodied technical crawler that was running them.

Technical crawler treps all day. You will hurt people's feelings.

I'm hard on my stuff so switched to sx. Sx love hp. And they work in all conditions really.

Some how ed and I are only ones with nothing else to do... lol

Forums just aren't what they use to be, plus a lot folks feel I'm beating a dead horse. I do appreciate y'all taking the time to reply

Alex and Roland both left 42" Treps for SX stickies. Alex said the SX last longer and stick better where we wheel. He had the SX prior to Treps and ran Boggers before that. I'm not sure what made Roland switch, he ran sticky boggers before the Treps. I like to keep my rigs lighter, so imo Reds work better for me. I run from mud and try not to be a moron with sidewall placement, so they work for me.

normally I'd say the SXs because they are great all-round and hard to beat in the Midwest/SE, but...……..I'm trying out the new Mickeys now and really like them. I've done only a little technical crawling with them, but they worked well. they work amazing in loose dirt/hill climb type stuff.

they are definitely soft so time will tell how well they turn out to be.

sleepsontoilet said:
Alex and Roland both left 42" Treps for SX stickies. Alex said the SX last longer and stick better where we wheel. He had the SX prior to Treps and ran Boggers before that. I'm not sure what made Roland switch, he ran sticky boggers before the Treps. I like to keep my rigs lighter, so imo Reds work better for me. I run from mud and try not to be a moron with sidewall placement, so they work for me.

Those sticky bloggers wouldn't happen to be for sale would they?

I run 40 in treps. When I replace them I will run 42 inch treps. The only bad thing about them is they burp air from the inner bead 3 wraps of good duck tape and your good to go. I've had no trouble since just something to keep in mind. I prefer low speed crawling.

Reds sound perfect for you.

ec86a5ab7852abd1b27c28894a59df82.jpg

Went down from 42" sx2's to these. No difference in ground clearance between the two.

The reds like 10 + psi to keep the sidewalks happy, but the swampers like 4-6 psi. Makes them the same radius.

The reds ride/drive tons better and are significantly lighter.

I give up very little in mud compared to running the swampers. Just need wheel speed to clean out, but the clean out fine. The give up nothing on dry rock to treps or sticky sx's. The group I wheel with has sx's sticky's, reds, treps, and kr2's.

The 43 sx is taller than the red, including the loaded radius, but is significantly wider and heavier.

Im great at bringing the dead horse and killing a thread. Lol

I run 42" reds and you just can't get me to feel good about any other tire. I have always felt reds are superior. You wheel the same area as me and fellasleeponthetoilet.

I really think the biggest difference is how your rig puts traction to the ground. A rig with a range of anti squat including rigs with way too much seem to do really well on a red.

A rig with none and leaf sprung seem to do better on an SX or trep. I think mainly because they tend to drive with a heavier foot just naturally.

I can't vote for anything but a red for you. I absolutely love mine and wouldn't run anything else.

Latest posts