Votes: 6 11.3%
  • 43 sx

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • 43 Baja pro x

Votes: 4 7.5%

• Total voters
Re: Re: Best sticky tire for my jeep

Bebop said:
5-6psi on KMC wheels. No burpage whatsoever.

They had 1 week of riding at EJS prior to riding here and looked great.

This vehicle:

56314872_220441965581711_7783608150603782095_n.jpg
I've seen this jeep alot lately

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Thats what Scott Goforth keeps telling me. He says the new MT is best tire on market, and he stocks and sales every sticky made. Still hard pull trigger and man those suckers are wide, but there actually lighter then the sx.

Bebop said:
5-6psi on KMC wheels. No burpage whatsoever.

They had 1 week of riding at EJS prior to riding here and looked great.

This vehicle:

I've got them on mine as well. so far, impressed with them too. no pure rocks yet, but awesome in the typical Midwest terrain. ran them at 8-9 psi on procomp trilogy wheels. definitely will run lower next time, like 5-6. about 2 runs on them so far.

Attachments

• ass shot.jpg
    ass shot.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 174
1tfrot said:
I've got them on mine as well. so far, impressed with them too. no pure rocks yet, but awesome in the typical Midwest terrain. ran them at 8-9 psi on procomp trilogy wheels. definitely will run lower next time, like 5-6. about 2 runs on them so far.

Did you run these on your Moab trip with AJ.

ADMINISTRATOR

dwa2469 said:
8d65e46b740a71bb30fbf1c47f0efcf8.jpg

Saw that Jeep at the Offroad Expo in Nashville. My wife loved it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I even got to drive it around. Very impressive rig, it drives like a stock one. You couldn't tell you're driving a big monster like that.

How is tread holding up on the Baja pro x? I've been told they are extremely soft. Is the tread pulling back really bad with the power you have? It seems they are like a red in sticky department and like a sx in size/ strength.

CHASMAN9 said:
Did you run these on your Moab trip with AJ.

ADMINISTRATOR

no sir. we were at Sand Hollow for Trail Hero and I had my sticky SXs. they did really well out there and I expect the mickeys to do even better. I should have them out in AZ this fall.

Truckguy2000 said:
How is tread holding up on the Baja pro x? I've been told they are extremely soft. Is the tread pulling back really bad with the power you have? It seems they are like a red in sticky department and like a sx in size/ strength.

The tread blocks feel softer than a red

mac5005 said:
The tread blocks feel softer than a red

But I wonder if there sticker or as sticky as a red. According to MT they score lower on durometer then any other tire on market. I can't figure why they wanted to make them so dang wide :dunno:

1tfrot said:
no sir. we were at Sand Hollow for Trail Hero and I had my sticky SXs. they did really well out there and I expect the mickeys to do even better. I should have them out in AZ this fall.

Do you like them more than the SX?

Truckguy2000 said:
But I wonder if there sticker or as sticky as a red. According to MT they score lower on durometer then any other tire on market. I can't figure why they wanted to make them so dang wide :dunno:
The thing about a red label compound is it makes love to the rocks and then pulls its hair, slaps it around and makes it it's bitch.

Other sticky tires are just soft to the touch like a maxi pad with wings, ya know?

The unreasonably wide tires are what I like to call the ford motor company complex. When you have a series of systems and designs that are tried and trued, proven to work then you completely **** your bed at night as a designer, start cross dressing, making poor decisions etc. . . .

Then a completely pointless design and manufacturing process begins, buuuut everybody keeps buying it.

All that aside, I think the new mickeys are cool

Re: Re: Best sticky tire for my jeep

LightBnDr said:
The thing about a red label compound is it makes love to the rocks and then pulls its hair, slaps it around and makes it it's bitch.

Other sticky tires are just soft to the touch like a maxi pad with wings, ya know?

The unreasonably wide tires are what I like to call the ford motor company complex. When you have a series of systems and designs that are tried and trued, proven to work then you completely **** your bed at night as a designer, start cross dressing, making poor decisions etc. . . .

Then a completely pointless design and manufacturing process begins, buuuut everybody keeps buying it.

All that aside, I think the new mickeys are cool
So they are cool like a heavy flow tampon?

sx's **** rocks raw doggy style

Truckguy2000 said:

they definitely peel fairly easy imo, but probably fairly normal for a sticky. I've done one half ass "warm up the tires" on a rough cement type climb and you could tell later that day by looking at them. seems promising thumb.gif

poolman said:
Do you like them more than the SX?

as of now, yes. I feel they handle better when racing and even though I haven't had them in a ton of rock yet, they worked really well in the rocks I've played in

here's a quick vid. not a tough spot, but this is the easiest I've walked up it so far. and that was 8-9 psi and not broken in yet. the wall was slightly damp and some fine silt/sand was everywhere
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7zVAdEAcl8

comparison
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPKGzLQG3OI

cbrjeeper said:
So they are cool like a heavy flow tampon?

sx's **** rocks raw doggy style

Whoa whoa easy on the hijack, they're just asking if the tread pulls apart like shredded chicken on a sandwich.

No need to get aggressive