• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Big Geen Egg Grill

smbroady82

We just inherited a brand new unopened big green egg.

I've heard awesome things..

Let's hear the do's and dont's/what all have you guys cooked on them...Ready go!

Well joc just recently got one and he cooks some stuff that looks amazing. I doubt he responds on here but if you know his number hit him up. He might even build you a cabinet like his.

Don't use lighter fluid ever. Or matchlight. The ceramic will absorb it give the food a citrus flavor

SHELBS44 said:
Don't use lighter fluid ever. Or matchlight. The ceramic will absorb it give the food a citrus flavor

Yes yes and yes. Also. Fogo lump charcoal is best stuff you will buy. It's expensive but let's a lot longer. Buy t on anazon

I am planning on doing a big Nilgai ham wrapped in bacon for thanksgiving. We do pizza a lot. I can tell you how to make the best, most crispy chicken legs and wings you have ever tried.

Brock if you need a good smoked ham recipe rub and all holler got a great one. If you still got my number

Reckon you could put it in your passenger seat with a bungee cord hooked from the lid handle to your tube door to keep it shut during a race. :flipoff1: Just be sure to harness it in so you don't have a scrambled egg.

This place has a lot of accessories https://ceramicgrillstore.com/ I have the adjustable rig custom combo.

I use mine at least once a week and use royal oak "charcoal". You can't actually use charcoal.

Get a thermometer set up for a probe for the meat and then one that fits in the dome.

I have cooked some pizza at 700 degrees and boston butts for 12 hours or so. I have no problem leaving it going over night. It will hold the temperature pretty well and on long burns I may have to open the top and bottom damper a little.

If you are doing a quick cook it's ok for it to be full of charcoal. Just close off the bottom and top and it will not burn everything in there like a normal grill would. I have a loof lighter that I use to light it.

I usually sear steaks in a cast iron skillet and then put them on the egg with indirect heat. I'll do chicken wings on indirect for about an hour and them drop them in hot sauce. After the sauce I'll put them on the grill but now using direct heat to help set the sauce into the wings. Before i even cook the wings I'll use a little bit of corn starch on the meat to help dry the skin out so it kinda crispen them up like you would fry them. Don't worry it doesn't dry the meat out.

I hear people use them to do a reverse sear on steaks but havent tried it yet. I absolutely love mine.

I love mine as well!

As others have said. No lighter fluid. only use lump. I use Royal oak brand as well as big green egg brand. I use the $9 high temp heat gun from harbor freight to start the charcoal. Also invest in a kick ash basket makes cleanup really easy.

How about we see some recipes? I haven't done anything extravagant but I went to a big green egg festival and the food they had there was amazing. Endless possibilities!

I love mine, I use a Kamado Joe at the house and a Green Egg Mini Max for the camper. I am always trying new recipes and have yet to find anything I didn't like. I will say prime rib is one of my favorites.

GIZMO1 said:
I love mine, I use a Kamado Joe at the house and a Green Egg Mini Max for the camper. I am always trying new recipes and have yet to find anything I didn't like. I will say prime rib is one of my favorites.

I do a prime rib every Christmas but never on my Joe. Any secrets to doing it?

Love mine, wanna do a smoked turkey for Thanksgiving. Anyone done one? might try one this week.

Latest posts